plz plz plz help

Rav

can some 1 plz tell me what mods i need to be able to run 1 bar of boost reliably as i have been told that its almost impossible to have a 1 bar R thats reliable thats coming from some 1 that drives a scooby
i have a goose system
hks induction kit
hks paddle clutch
rebuilt gearbox with a nismo 1st and 2nd cog (true or not i dont know?)
walbro fuel pump
hks headgasket
uprated spark plugs and leads
and thats it i think
please tell me wot else i need to be able to run 1 bar but still heave the reliability i have had since i have bought the car all your help will be appreciated :D

Moved to tuning - FAST GUY

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think you have all you need. You could add a front mount if you want, but it isn't essential.

You won't even need 1bar to beat the numpty in the scooby who know's nothing about Gtirs anyway :wink:

Rav

:D do u think its safe to up the boost then fast guy? the thing is his brother drives a evo 5 and i did have a go at it this afternoon i was on his arse til about 100mph down a dc then he started pulling away not alot but it was noticable. i think its time i turned up the boost .7 just isnt enough anymore :)

F

flying postman

should b safe to run 1 bar with topmount any more will need the fuelling set up for it

Rav

i have an apexi avcr coming at the end of the month ( :wink: :wink: ) i can turn the boost up once its all settled in. am i right about this or once its plugged in do i go and just turn it up to 1 bar

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Allegedly .9bar is fine with no adjustments at all. 1bar should be ok, but it may be worth having it set up on a rolling road for peace of mind.

sypher

once again sorry for jumpin on someone elses posts, can i ask when is it necessary (boost) to add a piggy back fuel controller and what one would you advise :oops:

how is it possible to run additional boost but no additional fuel untill 1 bar is reached.. :?

F

flying postman

if im right someone please correct me the R 's are over fuelled so running 1 bar is not a problem

Rav

can any 1 tell me if turning the boost up to 1 bar with my mods will affect the cars reliability.

O

Odin

With the set up of your car matey it will run 1 bar all day for ever if
you look after it with reg oil changes, But I would get the fueling checked
just to mack sure it's spot on should only cost you £50-70 to get done on
a rolling road :wink: .

rob

Rav

8) i live near gatwick and we dont have any 4wd rolling roads here i have heard tuning japanese are good as they have worked on a friends R any 1 else used them. Do u know of another rolling road near me sumo power dont have 1 YET

O

Odin

Rav said:
have heard tuning japanese are good
Was he drunk then :?: :cry: If I where you mate I'd go to abby motor sport there just up the road from you at junc 5 or 6 on the m25 and avoid
aldershot all together :wink: :roll: .

rob

Rav

:shock: wot have u heard about them. is there tuning jus plain crap or is it more serious then that

F

Fizzy

If you've got an uprated HKS head gasket, I don't see why you couldn't run 1.2 bar with it all set up correctly and the addition of a fuel controller. You've got the uprated fuelpump and clutch, so go for it! :)