prices ???????????????

A

alfyboy

just been onto sparkplugs.co.uk and found irridium plugs cheaper than plattim plugs. I thought irridium plugs were better than plattnum plugs.
Have i got it wrong? :? . Help me out please

pete-r

i think i paid about £38 with postage from sparkplugs.co.uk mate,they were ngk iridium ones aswell.

A

alfyboy

irrridium are better than platnum then. Im running standard boost :D

pete-r

i got them cos i was uprating,but if your keeping the car standard then i dont think there is any point changing them.

antgtir

warringtonjack said:
HKS Iridiums all the way!!
I got a price for these and the standards from nissan and the nissan ones where dearer lol, figure that one out :roll: :lol: Guess what ill be getting lol :lol:

A

Anonymous

antgtir said:
I got a price for these and the standards from nissan and the nissan ones where dearer lol, figure that one out :roll: :lol: Guess what ill be getting lol :lol:
the iridiums won't last the 56k miles that the std 1's will and you don't need iridiums for use on std boost.

antgtir

oap-r said:
antgtir said:
the iridiums won't last the 56k miles that the std 1's will and you don't need iridiums for use on std boost.
Where did the figure of 56K come from? Is that what Nissan say for changing the plugs?

If it where me id be changing them much more frequently than that so whether they last 56K wouldn't come into it for me. I was under the impression of the irridium plugs being much better for the car whether running on standard boost or not :?

What do you reckon?

Ant. :D

A

Anonymous

antgtir said:
Where did the figure of 56K come from? Is that what Nissan say for changing the plugs?
yes :D

antgtir said:
If it where me id be changing them much more frequently than that so whether they last 56K wouldn't come into it for me.
now why would you be so stoopid as to change a set of plugs before they were due to be changed,do you like wasting money :?:

Mr GTiR

antgtir said:
I was under the impression of the irridium plugs being much better for the car whether running on standard boost or not :?
Just a waste of money if your running standard boost. Cars with stock boost run much better with standard plugs, iridums are only needed for 0.9/1.0 bar +

antgtir

oap-r said:
now why would you be so stoopid as to change a set of plugs before they were due to be changed,do you like wasting money :?:
I just like to keep things nice and clean and new etc, well small things like that lol :roll: :lol:

Mr GTiR said:
Just a waste of money if your running standard boost. Cars with stock boost run much better with standard plugs, iridums are only needed for 0.9/1.0 bar +
(Genuine Q) Why would the boost affect the plugs? Why Iriddium when 0.9/1.0 bar?

I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference really apart from it being easier to spark which i would have thought would be good for standard boost too :?: :?

Mr GTiR

antgtir said:
(Genuine Q) Why would the boost affect the plugs? Why Iriddium when 0.9/1.0 bar?
As a general rule, an engine may benefit from a colder grade of plug where modifications made have increased the temperature in the combustion chamber (increased turbo boost, nitrous oxide use, increased compression), colder plug will conduct heat away from the firing tip more quickly and thus help reduce detonation/plug damage.
also colder plugs are less likly to blow out the spark due to increased boost levels.

antgtir

Mr GTiR said:
antgtir said:
As a general rule, an engine may benefit from a colder grade of plug where modifications made have increased the temperature in the combustion chamber (increased turbo boost, nitrous oxide use, increased compression), colder plug will conduct heat away from the firing tip more quickly and thus help reduce detonation/plug damage.
also colder plugs are less likly to blow out the spark due to increased boost levels.
Cheers mate, i never knew that little fact, i shall keep that in mind. :wink: :D

A

Anonymous

antgtir said:
I just like to keep things nice and clean and new etc, well small things like that lol :roll: :lol:
let me know if there's anything else that you only half use before you discard it :wink: :lol:

A

alfyboy

cheers guys ill go with the plattnums. still think its strange the irridium ones are cheeper :?