PROBLEM AFTER JAP FEST

LeeSmith

HELP!!!! My R will not allow me to select 1st or 2nd gear!

it was fine after jap fest...then all last night....but i come off the motorway this morning get to some traffic lighs and move the stick to the left and it stops in line with 3rd & 4th.....so i cant even get in in the neutral position in 1st & 2nd....

is it the selector fork????

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
LeeSmith said:
HELP!!!! My R will not allow me to select 1st or 2nd gear!

it was fine after jap fest...then all last night....but i come off the motorway this morning get to some traffic lighs and move the stick to the left and it stops in line with 3rd & 4th.....so i cant even get in in the neutral position in 1st & 2nd....

is it the selector fork????

Dropped a bearing in the gearbox...

Gearbox re-build me thinks... :(

Rishi

LeeSmith

well that was totally wierd....i finished work and sure enough i had the same problem....got to 1st set of lights and put it into 1st without even thinking.....then it hit me!! IT WORKS!!!

WTF went on there then? it's been perfect all night ("Touch wood")
What could have caused this?

thank you for your responses!!

LeeSmith

MarkTurbo said:
Did you hear any funny noises from the box before or when it happened?

Is it noisy now?
no noises whatsoever mark. worked fine all the way to motorway same as usual. then obviously used 5th all the way down the motorway for a few miles to work - pulled off the slip road - stopped at red light hand brake on clutch in stick in neutral.

amber light clutch in tried 1st no joy couldn't move it in to position.....tried turning car off to see if it made a difference and nothin..so had to pulll off in third..

now all is fine.....

Websnowbo

Sounds like you'll be pullin the box out soon, summat has broken and is loose in ya box.

(Loose in ya box..........sounds like when Antilag gets a shag)

LeeSmith

nothings rattling at all...

could it have been that the gear plate slipped????
don't know weather it's the right description for it - but the thing that guides 1,2,3,4,5,R into position?