problem

nismo-400R

hi guys just a quick question was driving along on the motorway at about 65 then all of a sudden the car just started spluttering and the revs goin down,pulled over turned it off left it for 10secs started it and it was fine again,does it sound like the knock sensor?or maf connection?im running z32,do i need to reearth the maf aswell?all the gauges were fine,thanks

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

it was heaving down with rain today, so before you start worrying, i would let all your electrics dry out, then run car again;-)
water causes havoc with all the sensors etc and will cause misfires and all sorts!

nismo-400R

hi ed its sunny from leeds,goin was fine,it was raining alot on the way back though it was ok for good part of 2hrs then all of a sudden it happen,switched it off started it again and it was fine,sometimes it might do it on idle revs will drop then come back and be fine,its gettin annoying now,plugs,leads,lamba,dizzy cap,rota arm,fuel filter changed not so long ago,havnt changed the coil yet,could it be that?

P

pulsarboby

check the connector plug to the afm, make sure it has the lock wire in it as these sometimes cause a bad connection and will give those symptoms, also do as i suggested in the pm i just sent.