Problems - are they all linked?

A

Anonymous

Hey,

thanks in advance 4 ur help to anyone who gives me a hand!

i have a number of problems. did the fault test, came back all clear. my problems are as follows:

1. stalling wen its cold. doesnt really idle wen u first start it up, goes alrite once its warmed up but struggles wen its cold.

2. runs very rich, dont know if this is a problem really but could be a part of something else why it is

3. Finally it starts missing after bout 5000rpm, like spluttering a bit. only on stock boost a little bit and obviously worse wit a bit more boost.

My only mods are 3" exhaust, pod filter and aftermarket dump valve. was thinking along the lines of spark plugs, injectors, something like that. wat do u's think?? thanks

nic

Dooie Pop Pop

NIC009_GTIR said:
Hey,

thanks in advance 4 ur help to anyone who gives me a hand!

i have a number of problems. did the fault test, came back all clear. my problems are as follows:

1. stalling wen its cold. doesnt really idle wen u first start it up, goes alrite once its warmed up but struggles wen its cold.

2. runs very rich, dont know if this is a problem really but could be a part of something else why it is

3. Finally it starts missing after bout 5000rpm, like spluttering a bit. only on stock boost a little bit and obviously worse wit a bit more boost.

My only mods are 3" exhaust, pod filter and aftermarket dump valve. was thinking along the lines of spark plugs, injectors, something like that. wat do u's think?? thanks

nic
did you 'buy' the car in this condition mate?

fuel pump/filter, dirty/clogged injectors, ht leads, spark plugs/rotor/dizzy, lamba (O2) sensor, air leaks, dirty maf :roll: endless

how are you controlling your boost?

mattygti-r said:
JIMMYBACK B said:
when was the last time u serviced the car? :D
jimmy ask that question to yoruself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
PMSL!!! :twisted: TALK ABOUT POT AND THE OLD KETTLE :roll: :lol: id like to see you take your own ic off mate. i' ll even support the spanner whilst you push em round...might need a long bar though :mrgreen:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try the plugs and MAF. The maf could cause over fuelling, it might need the earth cleaning or something else checking. If the plugs are old, it might be worth replacing them. If it doesn't like going when on boost, suspect a boost leak somewhere, or maybe the wastegate hose not being connected.

A

Anonymous

has been serviced recently. always been running rich since ive had it. i might change the plugs in the next couple of days and see if that helps it. i'll check it out. thanks 4 the help guys. i'll keep trying

Dooie Pop Pop

NIC009_GTIR said:
has been serviced recently. always been running rich since ive had it. i might change the plugs in the next couple of days and see if that helps it. i'll check it out. thanks 4 the help guys. i'll keep trying
mine was running rich till i changed the lamba sensor. didn' t do it all the time either :?

A

Anonymous

one other thing. i actually did replace the plugs a week or so ago wit the standard bkr7eix-11 iridiums and it wouldnt run on them? bit weird, could hav had dodgy ones, but yeh, that was strange. wouldnt drive past 3000 on them, they werent even really firing much.... hmm

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did you gap them before fitting them? The 11 means they are pregapped to 1.1mm, they should be about 0.9mm

A

Anonymous

didnt gap them. but i found out wat my problems were. my leads were a little bit rooted and i had no vaccuum in my line it was hooked up somewhere wrong and i also had another leak elsewhere. anyway all is fixed now and its goin good! thanks for ur help guys...

nic