Pulsar boils over

P

pulsarmick

Hi all need advice my gtir boils over when hot but the gauge shows normal and the fans dont cut in need help as i have got the engine out at the min i have put a 1.2mm steel head gasket on checked the head thats ok got the water pump out looks new the car had not been run since 05 any advice please :thumbsup:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
How long does it take to boil? 2 years?:p

If it's been sat for 2 years, I'd flush the rad and cooling system out.

Change the thermostat while you're at it.

P

pulsarmick

thanxs for that it takes about 5 to 10 mins to boil up will flush rad but i may have to fit a good second hand one as where the top hose has broken off in half many thanxs:thumbsup:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
When refilling make sure you bleed it in accordence with the manual, don't just fill it up and squeeze the hoses a few times.

neil240z

Fast Guy said:
When refilling make sure you bleed it in accordence with the manual, don't just fill it up and squeeze the hoses a few times.
actually it isnt much harder than that, the R is very! easy to bleed compared to some cars, its what i love about japs, the females are so small and fluffy, i mean there so bloody clever (too much stella!) try bleeding a pug 306 or a bmw 328, the R is a saint, its no air lock, blocked rad or fan switch is duffed.

Neil

O

Odin

Have to agree with Niel the Pulsar is pretty easy to bleed, I've only ever had to use the bleed screw a couple of times, And that only takes seconds anyway.

Rob

warringtonjack

My money is on a knackered radiator. If its been sat for a while, the inside of the rad has probably corroded and blocked up in parts.

And as for the water temp gauge showing everything fine, it seems to be a mystery fault with quite a few cars.