Pulsar Friendly MOT centre near Preston/Blackpool

bfc10

I am moving back from Germany and will be living near Preston, i need to get the Pulsar MOT'd as soon as i can so i can register it with the DVLA and get the tax sorted.

Also what is the best way of getting the insurance, i have over 10 years NCD and no points on my licence, i have 2 other cars so would i be better off getting a multicar policy or put the Pulsar on its own policy???

I have been away from the UK for 12 years, so sorry for the stupid questions :lol: so all views/comments welcome.

rich1216

I'd say your better doing the R on its own you wouldn't get the same discount on a multi car as for mot im about 40 mile from preston but have a good guy that does my testing so if you dont get sorted i should be able to sort something for you :)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Welcome back to the NW, good to have a returning owner.

For the MOT, most friendly MOT centres may only be friendly to the people they now directly. It might be worth getting a straight MOT so you know what's right and wrong with the car. I did this after my R was standing for 2 years whilst I was away. I then tidied it up and went back again.

For the insurance, I used a broker at Keith Micheals who mirrored no claims around and sorted me out a deal similar to the "multi car policies" but on 2 independent policies.

Jim

bfc10

Cheers fellas for the advice i will start getting some online quotes done and put the Pulsar on its own classic car policy.