Pulsar Love

A

Anonymous

i really love the Gti-r's quad throttle body and the manifold with the bigger T28 hanging off it.

so how can i make the throttle body fit on to a SR20det from a s13 silvia?

also the pulsar it has a different compression ratio than all the other sr20's. 8:3:1, but I dont know what that means, i dont know if its higher or lower than 8:5:1

if i im running around 1bar / 14psi could someone tell me if its an advantage to have that ratio.

And i just found out that sr20 im getting dosnt have vvti.
so i could swap the head.....but, if i got the s14 engine with vvti what would be the benefits and down falls of having vvti??

sorry if thats too many questions

thanks

moved - edd

Nad

Apparently the single throttle body is better. Pete R knows more about this than me so if he is around I will get him to come post.

Nad

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate i just found out all the information i needed most from the FAQ's. sorry guys i should of read them first...

Except why would a single throttle be better..hopfully pete can tell us or me tomorrow or tonight (nz) . thank you again and goodnight..

R

robinsongtir

going for a single throttle body for me is the only way to go for what I want to do with my car.If you are using a stroked engine or a large turbo that pushes a lot of air the quad throttle body setup becomes the restriction on the engine because it restricts the air going into the engine.How much gains you would get for going to a big single throttle body to how much it would cost you to do would depend on what you want to do with your engine if you are aiming for 480bhp+ I would definetly reccomend doing it you need to be handy at welding and also find a decent throttle body to upgrade to I am using a Nissan Q45 one from a Nissan Maxima I think,the Tomei 200sx big bore throttle body works well also.