Pulsars, help

G

gdm1984

Right, cut to the chase, i posted up about a px with a teg cause i was really keen on a pulsar, now im not too sure, i have seen plenty and to be honest ( i dont know if im comparing it to my teg or not) they just dont seem to be in mint condition??? i mean 5k is the going rate but my teg which is spotless and only got 34k on the clock is only worth 8700??? What should i do? Is it worth the swap? let me know!

abyss

i would say no swap with cash or if you want something turbo for a good exchange buy an evo 6. Or a very late M reg pulsar for a teg is a good swap but still pulsar and some cash.

G

gdm1984

but is it worth it? the point is as everyone seems to think, for the car being that little bit quicker it will break down 10 times more often! lol, nah im getting a company car so this is going to be a little play toy so i was thinking the pulsar fits in money wise and performance wise!

abyss

money wise i dont think so cost a fortune to maintain but worth it. I would buy one but i would sell the teg private and then shop around for a pulsar. Then spend the rest on tuning and ironing out the previous owners problems, which you will always have.

G

gdm1984

right, thats it, i will give it a shot! i dont even mind paying 6k but i dont think there are many out there worth that? i think the going rate for most of them is about 4-5k 5k would have to be a mint one to tempt me, anyone selling one that fits the bill give me a shout!

SunOnGTiR

Hello,honestly speaking it'll be quite hard to find a minteR.
You'll need to spend 5k+,maybe 6/7.
I looked three years ago for a mint/vgc GTiR.............not many :(
I must have looked at 7/8 Rs before getting my R.
They all 'claim' it's mint/vgc......I was disappointed many times.
I ended up buying from a member from this forum.
Two and a half years and 9000 miles,never let me down.
Remember,these cars are over ten years old!
Chose carefully :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just bear in mind, if you want a mint car, these cars are 11-15 years old. So you won't find many mint ones, although there will be some around. A fresh imort from Japan may be your best bet if you still can't find one here.

GTiR_Mic

I managed to pick up my GTi-R for £4k, it had all the right bits, clutch, FMIC,oil cooler etc

Only found out that the seals went on the turbo but sorted that by getting a new turbo which didn't cost a great deal of money. So you may pick up a bargin from £4k-£5k.

It may take you a while to find the right one though.

Mic

rayman75

if your getting a company car sell the teg then you have the cash and can be a bit choosey. mine is fairly clean but its not without the odd bubble here and there and its a Hreg.

i know its been said before but some of them are 15yrs old. :?

mattygti-r

i would defo swap for an intergra, would compliment the GTR nicely

there are alot of sh1t gtirs out there, but as people have said they are 11-15years old,

if your looking for an excellent one i japan your talking around £6.5 - £7k for one,

C

carpy100

have you actually driven an 'R' yet? my mates got a teg and he was thinking of doing the same as you, he drove an r and changed his mind :shock:
thing is the tegs have got so much more technology on em and they handle unbelieveably for a fwd car. he couldnt take the step back to an old datsun!!
suggest you drive one if you havnt already mate :idea:

G

gdm1984

i have driven one and i take on board what you are saying but i dont need to buy another car but i love all the car shows and crail etc so by having a company car i will have to go with that and park it outside lol!!!! i have always had a car that i can take in or go on the strip etc dont really want to give that up but cant justify keeping the teg for it, thought the pulsar was a good bet and still think the right one is out there, i just think that some guys that are asking 5k are a bit expensive for what they are, i mean i could say my teg is worth 10+ k but i prob wouldnt sell it! Any mint pulsars out there give me a shout!

N

norbx

Fast Guy said:
Just bear in mind, if you want a mint car, these cars are 11-15 years old. So you won't find many mint ones, although there will be some around. A fresh imort from Japan may be your best bet if you still can't find one here.
i think this is a wise choice as the imports seem to be in better condition then some in this country.