px the R

• Thread starter Ninja_tune_factory
  • Start date
N

Ninja_tune_factory

HI all ,

have anyone looked in to px there R at all and what type of money did they get for it or was told they get for it ?
im just after some prices as i am still not shor what to do with my car as i want side ways action still

cheers Lione.

GINGA

If you px you'll get screwed, only time you'll get a good px deal is if they really want to shift the car your after.

marcymarc

To be honest mate i think you could find the odd scrooge garage would only offer you as little as £750-£1000 on a part ex , unless your going for a car what costs 15k to part ex against i wouldnt bother.

If you go for a px at an importer they will tell you how cheap they can buy one for in Japan and if you go to a biggish dealer , they will just look on the autotrader website and see that a shitter can be bought for £1500-£1750 then just fob you off with £1000 max.

Ive done the old part ex thing a few times and ive always got skanked.

My first impreza a n plate uk turbo i paid £5200 for , 3 mothes later i part exchanged for an sti v5 type r which cost 14k , i managed to get £5500 on part ex but..... A: the car i bought was nearly 3 times as expensive as the one id part exchanged B: because id part exd there wasnt any scope for negotiation on the sti so i paid the full 14k.
So realistically id lost out , because if id have gone with cash id have got the sti for 13k :roll: :lol:

Then , after owning the sti type r for about 3 months i needed to get rid as i owned a car which i couldnt afford to run or maintain , (i was only 21) So i tryes to sell this type r in the trader/top marques and got no real response at all (even though id brought the price down to 11500ono) which in 2003 was really cheap.

So anyway im stuck with this motor and i thinks to my self " im gonna part ex this bas*ard" so i goes to scooby clinic and Kev offers me a L reg wrx and 5k and like a nobber i took the deal.
Id got a motor worth £5000-£5500 and 5k cash which added up to 10k, id lost 4k in 5 monthes :roll:

MORAL OF THE STORY : PART EX IS THE DEVILS WORK :lol:

P

papdog

marcymarc said:
MORAL OF THE STORY : PART EX IS THE DEVILS WORK :lol:
In that case then I am the devil :shock:

Graham

Car Salesman ;-)

P

papdog

Tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do. Had an FTO V6 in last week for £1600 so do get some fun stuff for not a lot of money!

Graham

N

Ninja_tune_factory

**** if a fto wich is a newer cat then the R gos for 1600 i have no hope

P

papdog

Didn't say that's what it was worth. That was all I gave for it. Just got to see what it goes for at auction and see how much profit I make on it :thumbsup:

Was a GPX as well with 120,000 miles, 1997 with the plate P100 FTO. Surely should make me some money :-D

I had no idea what to give for it so I phoned a couple of companies who advertise in the Autotrader and that is what they reckoned so we'll see.

Just to scare you all by the way, if you put a UK Sunny GTI-R into our computer auction pricing system it comes up with about £1200 for a 92/93 model IIRC :shock: :doh:

Graham