QUAFFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jonnyboy

hi got this e-mail,

Hi John,
The Quaife Sunny/Pulsar GTiR 5 speed syncro kit is £1695.00+VAT but may not be suitable for road use as this is a close ratio kit, they also do a straight cut dog box but unfortunatly this is also a close ratio kit.
Please run these ratios through our on line ratio calculator and see if you can mix and match with tyre sizes to get a result with them, if you can come up with what you feel may be suitable give us a call and we`ll have a chat about it.

Ratios for syncro kit: 1st 2.615 2nd 1.765 3rd 1.238 4th 0.917 5th 0.741 with standard final drive.
Ratios for dog kit: 1st 3.000 2nd 2.200 3rd 1.667 4th 1.286 5th 0.920 Final drive of 4.429 or 4.067

what ratio do i need ? i have read on here somewhere that it was the same as a standard box gear wise but with a longer 1st gear?
any idea's................p.s i dont have a clue how the ratio chart work's :oops: :oops:

skiddusmarkus

I'd worry more about whether you want a dog or synchro kit.I'd go for the synchro-that dog is a lot shorter ratio(lower the number the higher the speed) and harder to use.

J

jonnyboy

just been trying there online ratio calculator and both syncro and dog give a low top end.
do you know if this is all quaffe do??

A

Anonymous

jonnyboy said:
just been trying there online ratio calculator and both syncro and dog give a low top end.
do you know if this is all quaffe do??
i`ve got the synchro kit in my car and no way is it a close ratio box and there have been a few peeps in my car that`ll testify to it doing 130mph in 4th and i`ve seen it off the clock while on my private runway :wink:

A

Anonymous

jonnyboy said:
8) have you got the same ratio's as above :?:
no idea :oops: i just ordered up the synchro kit.never heard of a close ratio synchro kit.

if it has the same final drive ratio as std,the std car had a top end of 144mph iirc.

J

jonnyboy

8) thank's for the info......is your 1st gear longer or same as standard box

A

Anonymous

jonnyboy said:
8) thank's for the info......is your 1st gear longer or same as standard box
don`t know,all i know is when pedal hits carpet it`s over all too soon :lol: :lol:

never actually made any attempt to see what speed i get out of 1st but it must be close to 30mph.

J

jonnyboy

:lol: :lol: nice one.
ok i will do a bit more reserch to see what i can come up with :roll:
thank's again

skiddusmarkus

On VPulsars Quaiffe equipped car,I though 1st was about 45mph(standard is about 35mph).the rest of the gears seemed slightly longer,but not much.
Close ratio is different to short ratio in that it means the speed in the gears are all close together.So-1st might do 45mph,2nd-65mph,3rd-100mph etc-ie all the gears are within 20-30mph of each other.
Short ratio would mean much slower speeds(on top of close gearing) in all the gears compared to standard.

Play GT2-as you can adjust the gearing and get quite close to the Quaiffe figures with some car :lol: .The 1/4 times come out slower than real life though on the same power.

J

jonnyboy

cool, did he bye this out of the box........or did he have to mix and match the gear's :?:

j10gtr

My Quaife is the same as v pulsar by the sounds of it the ratios are very close to standard.

i got my gearset through Hiteq and they fitted it .

Thanks
Paul

O

Odin

I think your find 5th gear is the same as standard on the Quaife :wink: