Quaife

Boooooost

Has any one used the staight cut gear set? Are there any benefits? I know it'll be noisy but thats not a problem :D

coxie

if i remember rightly from what i read the other day pimp pulsar is stated as having the straight cut gears :? :D

E

Edd

I don't think pipm has the straight cut as i was speaking to him last week and he said he loved the whine, but also how it's not too loud, which is just like the normal quaiffe gearset

coxie

thats what i thought as i was sure i heard he had a normal quaife somebody with a copy of banzai just check as im sure it said he did.then again banzai are the ones who said 70/30 split drive on an r. :roll: :D

sypher

quick Q' does the straight cut still keep the standard H pattern selection or do you change to a linear ( up and down ) selector

sypher

OUCH,, HOT DAMMMMMN,,, i'll no be gettin' one o' them, just curious as i took the engine out yesterday to get my EXPENSIVE HKS 87mm pistons fitted and accidentally got dirt in the front diff' so gonna have to strip it now, was thinking about a Quafe rebuild whilst its out but this will probablty put my total rebuild cost to about 4k :cry: :shock: i'm now thinking WHY did i even bother ??????????????????????????????? sorry for going off topic !!!

M

madMATT

yes mate they have put in "straight cut quaife gearset installed within a new dog-box" he hasnt had much luck .

A

Anonymous

"Helical gears have one disadvantage when compared to spur gears. When they are loaded a side thrust is created that must be absorbed in the bearings."

From PAR website.

Spur=straight cut