quarter mile time and not running right

1&onlygti-r

spoke to a few guys about a month back now supposeed to be running approx 450bhp. still not running right its over fuelling at 4500rpm and above the power just dies of. had it on the rollers made 318bhp. what do you think of my quarter mile time and what do you expect me to do when its running corect?
reaction - 0.629
60ft - 1.915
330ft - 5.152
1/8 - 7.887
1/8 mph - 91.81
1/4 - 12.243
1/4 mph - 113.09

Also if any one can help with getting it running right i would be gratefull had the afr checked and it nice to about 4500rpm but the drops to 10.1 afr what is causing this is it the mapping or could it be something else thanks
this is my spec:

Knife edge crank
H section rods
forged pistons
Hks head gasket
polished and ported head
Hks 264 cams
Hks 1000cc injectors
garrett gt3076r turbo
oz giken twin plate clutch kit
quaife gear box
z32 afm
apexi power fc management
forge front mount intercooler
Hks 280lt fuel pump

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Who set it up? It obviously need looking at again
The time sounds about right for 318bhp, but with 450 you'd expect mid 11s on a good run.

Is the AFM wired in right? I have no experience of the power fc, but chances are this is where you need to be looking whether it's the mapping or some setting or other:?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
10.1 AFR will not be causing your car to lose 150bhp... Over fueling will really only lose you about 3% power or there abouts... 10.1 AFR at that rpm isn't overly bad... Where are you taking the reading from... The back of the exhaust or do you have a boss in the turbo elbow like me...?

Could be various things... I would take it to Hiteq and have Ian look at it...

Rishi

1&onlygti-r

hiteq mapped the car and wired the afm up trying to get them to sort it as i have already paid for it to be done once. the afr reading was taken from the dump pipe next to turbo all done on the rolling road.