Quickshift for GTI-R

Thor

Hi there,

anybody here who can tell me which size of bearing (inside) i need for the quickshift???

cheers
sascha

celm

is this for the short throw shifter.i have one and i know the bearing in it now isnt the right size.so i will only need a 22mm OD and 12mmID?

turblio

If you paste this link it becomes clear I cannot find 12mm x 22mm so am going to try some off the shelf 12mm x 21mm to see if it will work, and yes it is for the short throw shifter...
the link;http://gtiroz.onthenet.com.au/gallery/albun71

Frank

ps you want misc, then modifications that should give you a series of diagrams/piccys

geetee

Is this the for B&M short shifter??

I have bought one - but it's still in the box :oops:

DO I need to get a bearing also to fit this? I'd rather know before spending time grovelling around under the car only to find out it don't fit!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

S

seanleed

I'll check through our books at work tonight and see what I can find. Failing that I'll get our storeman to get a price on Monday.

S

seanleed

Had our storeman phoning our suppliers on Monday and yesterday and it would seem that nobody does a bearing in that size :?:
I'll get my gear lever off sometime soon and measure it up to see what can be got to go in :)

S

seanleed

I know it's been a long wait, but I've eventually got round to taking my gear lever out.
The bearings that are in mine now are marked 'HK 1214L'.
These are 18mm OD, 12mm ID and 12mm deep. One pressed in from either side.
Anyway, going through the RS catalogue, I've came across these:
IKO Nippon Thompson bearing ref TLA1212, which is exactly the same size and costs £1.665 + VAT each :D
I'm going to get a couple of these ordered and should have them fitted before the weekend (unless I've read my vernier wrong in which case I'm stuffed 'cos I had to smash one bearing out to get the OD correct).
I'll let you know what happens.

geetee

I've still got the B&M kit downstairs........ would it help if I measured something... ??

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

S

seanleed

geetee said:
I've still got the B&M kit downstairs........ would it help if I measured something... ??

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
It wouldn't help me mate, but you could check and see if it takes the same bearings, which might help other people in the future.
I've also made up a makralon bush just in case the bearings don't come :D :D

S

seanleed

Nice shiny new bearings in place:

Also a nice shiny new stainless bush as well :D

S

seanleed

If anyone is struggling to get them, let me know and I'll buy them through work. Will be about £5 delivered for the 2 (and I might send you a stainless bush as well :D )