R doesn't want to boost

Rav

car firstly wont start up first time and when it eventully does decide to fire up idles very irraticly (i think thats how u spell it) the revs flactuate.

the problem is that when i floor it as soon as the boost it supposed to kick in the car starts spluttering and jumping and just refuses to boost. this problem occurs in every gear it doesn't seem so bad if u ease the accelerator inbut it eventully refuses to boost and starts to splutter.

i have had this problem for about a month now and due to it i have changed the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, checked the earth to the fuel pump, checked, checked and double checked all the hosing for leaks or splits(all are ok) the problem occurs even if i unplug my avcr.

im just about to fit my new dizzy cap and rotor arm.

any 1 with any info or suggestions plz feel free all the help will be appreciated

cheers Rav (i'm starting to hate my R)

D

Dee 1

Sounds like either plugs, leads, or dizzy cap to me mate..
Had the same prob a while bak and 1 of my plugs had melted away :shock:

Rav

i thought it would of been plugs and leads so i got them all changed nearly put the dizzy cap and rotor arm on will see the difference then. would of finished an hour ago but i got stung by i feckin wasp the little shyte :evil:

Shaun

:wink: Sounds like a possible MAF problem to me mate,check your plug to make sure it's connected properly :wink:

Rav

coil??? hhhhhhhmmmmm i did actully get 1 yesterday will have to fit it and see cheers all :lol:

J

Japmonster

I had same problem, got a new air flow meter and it solved the problem.

Rav

any suggestions on how to clean the maf sensor or is it a case of replacing it??? am not bothered which its just so annoying as its not boosting to wot my avcr is set to... i.e avcr is set to .8 bar and on full throttle its hitting .65. plz help :cry:

M

Mr Overboooost

Rav said:
any suggestions on how to clean the maf sensor or is it a case of replacing it??? am not bothered which its just so annoying as its not boosting to wot my avcr is set to... i.e avcr is set to .8 bar and on full throttle its hitting .65. plz help :cry:

rav give me a call today sometime and you can come over tonight as i will change the maf for you to see if that cures the problem.

cheers
gary

J

Japmonster

If u r going to replace MAF, prob best to find a re-con 1. As new unit cost £540 from Nissan!!!

T

Tart

Had the same prob. Also the rev gauge kept jumpin all over the damn place and all after I drained the cooling system.!!!! wierd. Turned out that the wiring blocks right in front of the drain plug for the cooling system. (Front of block nr the right as u look at it) had come slightly undone. Pushed them all home and the boost was back!!! No idea wot that wiring is but it sorted my prob out good.....