R will not start now

N

NEIL R

Started first time as normal but then would not rev then cut out now it just turns over could it be my fuel pump how do i check. :(

J

jasegould

The fuel pump will usually run for a few seconds when you turn the ignition on. Listen for the pump to see if it works with the ignition on. Failing that take the cover off to gain access to the top of the tank and use a test lamp to check for power whilst cranking.
Or, find where the fuel lines attach to the fuel rail, crack off the nut if there is one and crank it and look for fuel (beware of petrol spraying, maybe use a rag). Might even have a schrader type valve which you use to read fuekl pressure, could always hold the valve core down while cranking.
Check your fuses aswell.
Jay

N

NEIL R

Thanx for that will try it now.

No noise from pump and no fuel coming from fuel pipe running to the fuel rail also taken spark plug out turned it over and there is no petrol smell i just dont no were the fuse/relay is for the pump so i can check that anbody got any other ideas.

I will remove the pump tomorrow and attached it to a battery to see if it works but would rather check the fuses first.