R will not start

B

BELONTAY_TYPE-M

Hi Everyone

I have had my R for about 6 months and its been great but this morning it just would not start. It is getting fuel and spark? Code 34 is popping up and i didn't think the DET sensor would stop the car from starting?

Thanks Mike

antgtir

Is it actually cranking over i.e. is the engine turning or is it as if the engine is stuck?

Battery failing?

Starter motor failed?

Ant.

B

BELONTAY_TYPE-M

The motor is cranking over so starter motor should be fine and battery had 12.6 volts.
And again i had spark, fuel and code 34 comeing and would not start?

If the DET or Knock Sensor goes shouldn't the car still start but run like shit?

Thanks Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:

youngsyp

BELONTAY_TYPE-M said:
If the DET or Knock Sensor goes shouldn't the car still start but run like shit?

Thanks Ant.
Not necessarily. Mine has a 34 code and runs like normal !

As for it not starting, you say it's getting fuel but, is that at the injectors or elsewhere ?

Ahve you touched anything at all, under the bonnet ?

Paul

O

Odin

I was going to say that it could be that the rota arm has come loose, It's held on with a bolt. But you say you're are getting a spark so it seems to be OK, Maybe still worth a look see.

Also have you played about with any of the under bonnet plugs ?, Because the reverse switch plug and the ignition amplifier have the same sized plug.

Rob

Rob

B

BELONTAY_TYPE-M

Took the rotor cap or dizzy off today and the connecting points were F$%k&d but the rotor looked fine. I cleaned them up and the car was trying to fire up and almost did. Now i am looking for a rotor cap or 'dizzy' and rotor arm in Canada .... Anyone know if there is another car that shares the same part #? Thanks for everyones help and i will let you all know how it works out.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: