J

Jon

i've never tried it in 2 years of ownership! :oops:
always pull the lever instead
i put the key in & it wont turn?

any ideas
cheers

geetee

The obvious answer is that the door locks and ignition barrel have been changed - so new key.

Does the Passenger door lock work with the key?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Or it's seized through lack of use. :shock:
If it isn't seized, see if a lock smith can rejig its workings to work with your existing key. I had a mate who could do that with most car locks.

J

J-GTi-R

Mine's never worked either, I wonder if it's a common problem.

Websnowbo

Only way to get em working is spray some WD40 in it and keep working it until it free's itself.

I had a right arguement with a guy who came to look at my car when i had it for sale, he reckoned the car must have been stolen at some point because the lock's had been changed........i could have killed the fcuker!

J

Jon

geetee, yes it does & the boot lock is still the original one as it has the same part no that matches the key.

hmm, seems that it's a common problem then...will let you know when i look at it this w/end, likewise, if any one fixes their's can you let us know.
cheers
Jon

geetee

Looks like a common problem....

Can u get at the lock mechanism by removing the boot lid trim? Probably easier to soak the mechanism if you can get at it that way than through the key aperture.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

C

cpt r toggers

mine doesnt work either same as rest key goes in but wont turn

J

J-GTi-R

Can u get at the lock mechanism by removing the boot lid trim? Probably easier to soak the mechanism if you can get at it that way than through the key aperture.
Yes, it's held in by a clip, with a bar running to the latch mechanism. Had mine out a few times, it's easy enough to remove.

D

daBOODA

My key only operates the ignition, not the doors nor the hatch. I've always assumed it was because of a new ignition barrel at some stage.

Davey

mine doesnt work either, obviously the bloke who's job it was to put the lock on in the factory was an alcholic or something :D

coxie

mine unlocks/opens with the key.my 1 key also unlocks all doors and fits the ignition barrel :D

J

Jon

ok, after stripping the trim off, wd'ing all the lock/barrel etc & leaving for the night then getting ma hand in the tinyist of holes..oh er missus...& wiggling the bar that connects the actual lock to the release mechanism for about 1/2 an hour..........

nothing..bugga's still not working :?

Davey, think ur right..the bloke who put the locks in was a tw*t

i'm booking a ticket on the next plane to Jap land & i'm taking ma boot with me..i'll find the bloke.. :twisted:
he can bloody fix it
see you in a week