Rear Brake Pads - whats a good choice to fit?

boucherie

just come back from a trip in the R and ive noticed that the rear pads are a bit thin (would probably explain why the brakes havent been feeling great!) what sort of options are available to me with regard to a compound that is good for fast road type use, with good cold performance. As yet the R's not pushing out a monsterous amount of bhp (compared to some of the cars on here :shock: :D ) but id rather have a decent set of pads on all the same!

Off the top of my head i would imagine the usual suspects are
Mintex,
EBC,
Ferodo,
is there another company better than the above?

what sort of prices and wheres the best place to get em from?

cheers
ian

O

Odin

I'm useing pagid on the rear. And am very happy with them, If I where to change I'd proberly go for the mintex or farodo :wink: .

rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I just posted that Pagid's are discontinued for the R according to MSW. The Mintex saound excellent but are pretty expensive so I'm now looking at Ferodo. The EBC stuff seems to get a bad rep and are more image over content.

boucherie

well if there as good as you guys are saying, and theres a chance they will be discontinued, maybe id better get 2 sets :!: :!:

kyepan

i on the other hand don't rate the pagids when compared to the mintex m1155 material. the m1155 will keep working to much higher temeratures..

If you hunt around you should be able to get the m1144 material pads for around 50-60 quid. Don't touch ebc pads, they are naff.

O

Odin

kyepan said:
i on the other hand don't rate the pagids when compared to the mintex m1155 material. the m1155 will keep working to much higher temeratures..

See I don't agree I'm afraid, I took the mintex off because I didn't think that they worked that well at all :? , I found the pagid much better on the road and track days :wink: .

But that's just my opinion of cause :D .

rob

O

Odin

kyepan said:
he he, but we always disagree on this tho. :wink:
We do don't we :lol: .

I was useing the mintex with some unknow to me grooved rear disc's at the time, And then changed to the pagid pads and matching pagid disc's as well, So maybe it was just the fact that they where made to work well together that made all the difference :? :wink: .

rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I've read that Pagid pads are quite picky about disc choice. If the discs have used other pads before then they should be reskimmed :shock: