Rear brakes - discs and pads

S

Stoned

oi oi

Been out in the R earlier and noticed with the windows down the rear left brake is scraping a bit. Needs taking off and given some tlc

However as the pads and discs are clearly donkeys years old I may as well change them at the same time too.

What should I go for which would be cheap but new.

Standard discs and uprated pads?

And where to get them from as I dont have much of a clue ;)

Cheers

Keira

I put black diamond grooved on mine, seem ok.

hi-spec do a Big disc conversion using the standard caliper.

A

AZ STE

Pagid pads are more than good enough just get standard discs your only talking max 30% of your braking is done on the rear so dont waste your money. Reflush with new Dot 5.1

S

Stoned

This is all good, but where can they be got from?

Not like Halfords has them :)

M

mozza

rear discs and pads cost!!!

for standard discs and mintex pads......285.00 fitted!!! for standard discs that seems expensive, from a local garage btw.....

may just go uprated discs???

where is the best place to get standard items from.......
any info wud be grateful as im a new owner 8) looked at websites but nothing I cud find.

S

seanleed

I got standard discs from Nissan and they were only £35ish each.
Your garage must charge a lot for fitting.

J

jiw

yeah ive just replaced standard nissan discs and some pads from a motor factor's for less than £100

for the first time ever its a lot cheaper to buy nissan discs than buying aftermarket standards :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

mozza said:
rear discs and pads cost!!!

for standard discs and mintex pads......285.00 fitted!!! for standard discs that seems expensive, from a local garage btw.....

may just go uprated discs???

where is the best place to get standard items from.......
any info wud be grateful as im a new owner 8) looked at websites but nothing I cud find.
You got ripped off!!! It's a half-hour job to replace the rear pads and disks, and you're looking about £60 for the parts...

Just go to a local motorfactors, the rears are just normal Sunny items.

BenD

Yup, go down the local partco, bout 100 quid ish and take bout 30 mins to do like J says, piece of piss :wink: