reasonable gti-r for 3k

S

skitz0

hi im looking at buying a gti-r, but am i being realistic in thinking i can buy a resonable one for 3k or not ? looking for something with standard boost

JIMMYBACK

u will need at least 4 k for a decent one matey u could buy a shit box for less but at your own risk :oops: 8)

paz

JIMMYBACK said:
u will need at least 4 k for a decent one matey u could buy a Skoda box for less but at your own risk :oops: 8)
Then you'd have to have another lump in the bank (or a credit card - something you really don't want to be doing :lol:) for when/if it goes wrong.

Best bet is to spend more on a car that has history on the owners club :)

paz

SickBoy

You get wot you pay for m8 in this world ....3K buys you a sh*t load of trouble!!!

Unless you buy one that has been devalued by painting it a stupid Orange colour ......no names :lol: :lol: thats then only worth 2K

Lee

paz

SickBoy said:
You get wot you pay for m8 in this world ....3K buys you a sh*t load of trouble!!!

Unless you buy one that has been devalued by painting it a stupid Orange colour ......no names :lol: :lol: thats then only worth 2K

Lee
Or one that has apparently had 3k spent restoring it, but still looks like your run of the mill 15 year old car? :roll: :cry:

I'd only pay a couple of quid for that :lol: ;)

Paz

S

samellio 1

I paid £3250 for my last r.. it ran faultlessly on the road and track for a year then my friend crashed it :cry:
It came with roll cage, suspension but otherwise totally standard.. It had been used for rallying and had some really minor front end damage but it didn't put me off :lol: .. put a bleed valve and boost guage on 1 bar boost and didn't even have to change the clutch :D think the only thing that ever went on that car was the water pump (£60) and even that didn't completely fail..
This is it in action: (can you tell i miss it?? :roll: )

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=donuts81

faz

and the brakes sam? :lol:

I got my R for under 3k and ive had it for 6months and nothing major has went wrong *touch wood*

The clutch was on its way out when I got it but I knew of that.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
my new R cost me less than 3k - i can safely assure yous all that its a bucket of SH!T :evil: she was a non runner when i bought it.

so far its had:

wheel arches repaired
new drivers seat
new rear seat
new fuel pump
all ignition parts
drivers door hinge
ecu repair

still needs:

abs fixed
cv joint looked at

and now its just blew the fookking exhaust manifold :evil: