rebuild what to use

265bhp gtir

Hi im going to be rebuilding my engine somtime over the summer due to it having very low compression. I im goin to be aiming for bout 350bhp can anyone tell me what would be the best make pistons to go for and what would be best [low comp or standard] also witch conrods should i go for.

What other parts should i replace as it will be in bits.

What sort of money is all this going to set me back.

Keira

265bhp gtir said:
What sort of money is all this going to set me back.
[/SIZE]
about £800 for a replacement standard engine ;)

i wouldn't waste my time with a rebuild for 350bhp tbh

but if you really want to, forget the rods, throw whatever forged pistons you can get the cheapest in there and be done with it

265bhp gtir

When i say 350bhp thats what i want to be running when the build is done but when i get some more cash i want to uprate the turbo so i can get much bhp as i can out of it

Last edited:

265bhp gtir

So can anyone give me an idea how much is goin to cost me for a set of pistons and rods and witch ones to go for

Last edited:
O

Odin

265bhp gtir said:
So can anyone give me an idea how much is going to cost me for a set of pistons and rods and witch ones to go for
It depends what one's you want to use fella, You could get CP pistons at about £300, But they would need a bit of work to fit a 100% ;-) .

Standard rods are fine up to 450 bhp as long as you have the ARP rod bolts, I bought HKS pistons at £450 from green line for my own car.

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Machine a notch to clear the oil squirters.

And the same for any other non- GTiR specific pistons

Rishi

265bhp gtir

what is best to go for low compression or standard compression pistons as i dont have a clue what to go for

Last edited:
O

Odin

265bhp gtir said:
what is best to go for low compression or standard compression pistons as i don't have a clue what to go for

I would stick with the standard compression ratio myself dude, Low comp engine's are notorious for being pants to drive off boost, And with the correct mapping you shouldn't need a low comp to get good results.

Rob