rebuild

dencon

slowly progressing, but ignition, air cleaner and z32 all broken in smash. have a larger identical maf off my sub 22b with a bore of 84 mm, and with three pins in plug. could i use this, and can anyone tel me how to work out the three pins to connect to loom.one other problem being, on start egine to test if all is well, the standard boost gauge goes off the clock when switching on ign, and oil pressure gauge also goes off the clock when engine is running. any help please.cheers den.:?

dencon

dencon said:
slowly progressing, but ignition, air cleaner and z32 all broken in smash. have a larger identical maf off my sub 22b with a bore of 84 mm, and with three pins in plug. could i use this, and can anyone tel me how to work out the three pins to connect to loom.one other problem being, on start egine to test if all is well, the standard boost gauge goes off the clock when switching on ign, and oil pressure gauge also goes off the clock when engine is running. any help please.cheers den.:?
has,nt anyone any idea why my gauges are going off the clock,iwould be gratefull of any thoughts. cheers den.

is the wiring harness ok going to the standard boost sensor on the inner wing passenger side.
Check and see if any of the wires have been nicked where they all plug into at the drivers side on the inner wing maybe.
As it sounds like theirs maybe a short to earth somewhere possibly.

vss irvine

did you not say the maf was damaged? surely the boost sensor must have also suffered with it being in the same area? or the wiring as davie pointed out? let me know if you need any parts

dencon

thanks, the boost sensor was on the donor shell that i am using for the rebuild. am waiting for z32 , have used standard maf on donor to check my engine is ok.must be wiring fault somewhere. is it going to earth that would cause this problem?. cheers den.