Red stuff brake pads

C

Chase

There are sets of red stuff brake pads on ebay, does anyone have them or have used them? If so are they any good and worth the money

DanDud

Iv never used them but my friend has them on his impreza and untill their warmed up their rubbish, but once youv got some heat in them their pretty good.

JAMMA

Ive got them on my R and they are very poor until they have warmed up but even then they arent the best. Im still running standard disks/calipers tho. I think Mintex pads are meant to be good with standard brakes?

lakeview

ive used them but would'nt again overall they are not much better than nissans pads the only advantage is the price.once they are at working temperature they are ok but they dont stay at the optimum temperature very long and as soon as thay cool youve got to warm them up again.the wear rate on them is also quite poor

P

pulsarboby

they are perfect 4 track days, but not too good 4 road use! as everybody has pointed out, they take to long to warm up, but when theyve reached temp there very good

A

another sunny

i have these fitted , yes they do take some warming but if you have the discs to go with them they are pretty good, they take alot of abuse before they fade so good, if like me you are hard on your brakes. A vast improvement over the standard ones, who ever said they arent much better than standard obviously doesnt drive hard enough, but i agree not as good as a willwood or hi-spec kit but if like me and you have a trade account red stuff pads and grooved discs only cost £200 total(pads were only £39) much cheaper.