relocation

S

swawuk

Right, today I was working on the car. I will get it on the road one day!!

The day started well with me putting the injectors back in after cleaning them in an ultrasonic cleaner. I had to move the car to work on it. It pi$$ed out fuel out of one injector! I haven't fixed it yet, as my main objective was to fit my new front mount.

As soon as I had all my tools out and bumper off. it rained hard. Charming! I couldn't believe the amount of cutting i had to do. I have to relocate or get a smaller header tank. Also the washer bottle.

Where do people relocate their washerbottles too???

Cheers

Steve

MarkTurbo

swawuk said:
Where do people relocate their washerbottles too???
I'm sure ive seen a couple cars where its been put basically in the position its in now but on the opposite side ;-)

P

pulsarboby

buy one of them plastic bag types with twin pumps in it, you can put them anywhere as they take up minimal room, there only about a tenner on ebay. thats what i used!

MarkTurbo

Your right, i meant expansion tank :oops:

Maybe you could just keep a squeezy bottle in the car and keep opening the window and giving it a squirt when needed :lol:

S

swawuk

i'll have a look for one. cheers for the suggestion.

As for the squeezy bottle idea..... well..... i'll think about that one.... lol. think i'll just drive really close to someone and hope i can catch some secondhand water...

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
MarkTurbo said:
Maybe you could just keep a squeezy bottle in the car and keep opening the window and giving it a squirt when needed :lol:
Another top idea from Mark :doh: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Buy an alloy one thats short enough to fit. Ian @ Hiteq sells them...

Rishi

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
rossdj1983 said:
do the pumps work ok if put all the way back in the boot?
They'll be working harder and will probably have a shorter lifespan and won't put out the same pressure because of the longer pipe run.