Replacement front wings & rear quarter

G

ggeorge

Where is the best place to get them?? Tried a few places on the net, but nothing really. Need to be mint, replica or original.

G

ggeorge

any contact details? rough prices? :) thanks for the help!

G

ggeorge

found some contact details on the net for them, will give them a call.

anyone else know any?? :)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Rear repair panels are only available for the N14 5 door, you can get them from here

You'll just need to cut off the bits you dont' need with a nibbler or something that doesn't distort the panel when you cut it

You'll see the front wings here

S

shaztgo

do maldon panels do the actual rear quarters if so whats their number

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The rear quaters for the N14 Sunny 3 door are not available.

Have you actually had a look at the rear quater panels ?

Have a good look and you will see the roof and rear quaters seem to be one BIG panel :? so both rear qauter panels and the roof are one.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The rear quaters for the N14 Sunny 3 door are not available.

Have you actually had a look at the rear quater panels ?

Have a good look and you will see the roof and rear quaters seem to be one BIG panel :? so both rear qauter panels and the roof are one.

P

pulsarboby

your right steve, but i was under the impression you can buy the arches seperately!
the old arch is cut off 'with the new panel as a guide' and the new one is butt welded in its place then smoothed off with filler and painted!
and as you well know its the arch area which cops the rust, mainly!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
your right steve, but i was under the impression you can buy the arches seperately!
the old arch is cut off 'with the new panel as a guide' and the new one is butt welded in its place then smoothed off with filler and painted!
and as you well know its the arch area which cops the rust, mainly!
I know how to repair wheel arches :-D and have had to do it many a time on numerous makes/models.

I have searched high and low for the "proper" N14 3 door rear repair panels to no avail :cry: the ones in my link are the only ones I could find anywhere.

Unlike a lot of other "affordable" hatches the N14 is the only one I've found to have the double inside skin so close to the actual arch lip, which makes it an extra pain when you come to repair as if the rust monster has got to the inside aswell (like mine :cry: ) you will need to do some custom fabrication on the inner arch :cry:

stumo

I know this will be a big job but if you get a 1/4 panel, you usually cut the B and C pillars about halfway up the window, that way you don't disturb the roof.