Revs

nimhbk

Is it normal for the engine to go flat around 5500 to 7500 or is that a flat spot which can be sorted by getting the ecu mapped

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Its not normal and mapping won't help. Think fueling/ignition/air leaks and you'll be closer to the mark.

Genral maintenace - fuel filter, plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor
Boost leaks - look around the engine bay and see what you can hear/feel at joints after the turbo

Last edited:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
nimhbk said:
Is it normal for the engine to go flat around 5500 to 7500 or is that a flat spot which can be sorted by getting the ecu mapped
Are you running more boost and are you still on the std fuel pump?

nimhbk

no have a fmic/with a high flow rate pump/ hks mushroom filter/ running at 0.9/1.00.

just had new leeds, rotor head, +cap, put denso sparks in two years ago, only covered 2000 miles thou and have been told they are good for 30 000 milles.

have a new standard ecu to put in as the one in there is a tomei chipped one i have been told before to take this out as it will not be set up for over here in the uk (could be this).

thanks for replys so far

Last edited:

Fusion Ed

Pretty much every pulsar tends to run a bit flat top end wise especially on stock turbo (and again once your pushing 400 from restricted breathing on head/cams etc)

antgtir

Mine is standard, the power profile is nice and steep up to 6500rpm.

Do you get any hesitation / holding back?

Ant.

youngsyp

Mine continues to accelerate at an ever increasing speed, as the revs climb. It's only the rev limiter that puts a halt on the action.

As ever, check all the consumable ignition and fuelling parts. Check the wiring on the fuel pump too and your fuel pressure.

PAul