RNN14 and EGNN14 shells the same?

D

Danni

I have a rusted up GTi-R and would like to reshell it. The problem is that in Iceland there are only 2 GTi-Rs so a new shell is impossible to come by. I've noticed that people in the UK are selling RNN14 shells regularly and would like to know if I could import and use one of those. I'm guessing there migth be some LHD vs RHD problem but I don't know. Does anyone have any info on this? Also if someone has a stripped shell and is able to take a picture of the firewall that would be great.

radiobar

hi !

the shells are same, but the firewall is total different.

i could order a new firewall for you here in germany.
i think it costs around 700 eur.

or maybe you want to sell your car to germany ?
i might be interested in a left hand model.

please contact me at radiobar@gmx.net

bye.

D

Danni

Thanks for the info. I guess if I got a new shell I could use the firewall from the old one since that's still fine.
As for selling the car to germany I doubt anyone in germany would pay what it's worth here since cars are twice as expensive here. In fact people are importing cars from germany all the time. Then again, I've seen some very expensive GTi-Rs for sale on mobile.de

radiobar

hi !

oh,of course.
you can use your old firewall - didnt think about it.

well...everything depends on price.
if your car is rusty and bad condition your
price might be interesting if its not to high....

what cars are popular in iceland to be
imported from germany ?

bye.

D

Danni

I bougth my car for close to 2900€ but it's worth at least twice that to me which is why I think nobody would be willing to buy it.
The most popular cars for importing from germany are german cars, mostly BMWs

cmng

2900 Euro Dollar for RNN14 is consider cheap
even
6k Euro is consider cheap for me

I bought my RNN14 for RM50k + miscellanous fees
that translate about 12k Euro

D

Danni

I guess it all depends on the condition the car is in. Mine could really use a new shell as well as new brakes all around, it had been standing in some guys driveway for more than 2 years when I showed up with an envelope full of cash and asked if it was for sale.