Running cr@p after repair :(

C

charlie

I finished of my turo-elbow gasket today and all is well, no more leaks. But now the car is running like a peice of wet turd. I havent took it far, but it wont idle steady, just drops off and stalls. It tends to misfire erraticly. And once the car comes on boost it seems to cough and splutter. Its not due to lack of fuel either, smells like a petrol station forecourt from behind.

I was thinking maybe water in the plugs while everything was off? as the car sat on my drive. But do these symptons sound right??

If its not that, what else could it be? Feels a bit like the ignition timing is massively retarded.

I'm a bit disappointed really because i hopd all would go smoothly, mind you that probably was a bit enthusiastic for an R

skiddusmarkus

I'd look for the obvious things first ie whatever you've touched.Did you reconnect the lamda sensor?Is the MAF plugged in as that causes rough running and stalling when not?

j10gtr

Go with Skiddus first check over everything you have removed whilst carrying out he repair.

Check ECU for faul codes
Check Earths are tight and clean
Check leads and plugs along with dizzy cap and arm
Check MAF connections

Thanks
Paul

C

charlie

I cleaned up the earths while everything was off so i dont think its that.

Checked plugs for water today and theyre dry as a bone

Cleaned up dizzy

I'll do a search on which pins to short for checks for the fault code.

-No luck at this stage-

But.... i pushed in maf connector nice and hard and it seemed to improve things, and theres also 1 connector which i thing is the most suspect.
It mounts on the back of the i/c bracket behind the boost solonoid. It goes to the back of the dizzy and did get tugged around a bit while i was working on things.

Whats it for? ignition amp?

The car seemed to run better after i fiddled with it, and for the first time, it succesfully held a bar of boost.

GINGA

Thats the plug for the dizzy/crankshaft sensor so if thats got a bad connection etc that could well be causing your problem, do a ecu faut code check :wink: