running problems!!!

Gav_Kara

hi all hope people can help??

right this last week my AFRs are all over the place normally sits in rich on afr gauge on idle but lately been bouncing between lean and rich and idle does change very slightly could it be weather ect or do i have a problem...

checks ive done...
fault cde check=55 all clear
replaced lambda= still same.
checked dizzy cap for cracks ect and plugs was replaced 3 month ago.
checked fuel preasure all seems fine...

could it be leads or a sensor

cheers gav

DannyGTI-R

I would check your AFM to see if its playing up slightly or a bad earth ???? If you can swop it with another it would be the best way.

Gav_Kara

ive already tryed swapping maf with another!! my ecu is a standard mappable one like the MINES ones

Gav_Kara

there running rich to lean on digital AFR gauge i know its not wide band but normally its stable in the rich but just seems all over place mate...

if im stood still and hold revs at 2500 AFR bounce about and it pops from exhaust pipe!! im not shore if is leads or something breaking down a bit when foots down it pulls like crazy and sits in rich only at idle or cruize 2500rpm does it piss about

MarkTurbo

A narrowband afr gauge must be one of the most pointless things you could ever put in a car! Just bin it, problem solved ;-)

I reckon standing behind the car, sniffing the exhaust fumes and guessing the air fuel ratio would be more accurate than one of those things :lol: