S-AFC or not 2 S-AFC

M

Mart

Qustion,

Is it really worth getting a S-AFC if the maximum i ever wanna run is 1.2bar. Without it can a RR sort all my fueling and timing that the S-AFC would control.
I'm going for full system exhaust, induction, fuelpump, AVC-R.

What other things are recommended to eventually run 1.2?

thanks for any help
Mart

J

jasegould

Front mount to reduce inlet charge temp therefore reducing risk of det allowing higher boost to be run safely

Keira

The safc/safcII does not alter timing, it alters the maf sensor reading and tricks the ecu and adjusts fueling, i've got one on mine but in the back of my head think it would've been better to get either a unichip or complete ecu upgrade :( The safc is quite limited in what it does.

I'm running 1.1bar and 1.3 on the overboost (with an avcr) without the safcII being set up, at the mo its purely monitoring. I do have water injection though which comes on at anything over 1 bar.

Personnaly unless you can get one cheap i'd just go for uprated pump and water injection to run 1.2 bar (be about £480) IF THE CAR IS SOUND and you use optimax, shouldn't have any problems at all, no need to get it mapped just wire it all up and away you go.

Olly has run 1.3 bar for over a year with just water injection and boost controller.

A

Anonymous

too much power already!

i would advise a whole lot more for your car...........a gearbox may aid in putting this boost on the tarmac, sending it down the strip so to speak!

A

Anonymous

Re: too much power already!

good gearbox said:
i would advise a whole lot more for your car...........a gearbox may aid in putting this boost on the tarmac, sending it down the strip so to speak!
2 posts and you only talk about gearboxes.have you got some for sale in the appropriate section by chance :?:

feulling and the management of it is everything.saf-c is def a good idea as is a stand alone ecu depending on available funds.this will also help when you enevitably want to up the boost a bit.

no management of the fuelling side is asking for,expensive,trouble sooner or later

A

Anonymous

No offence intended! Mart will understand. Besides the reply was aimed at him alone, refering to his car, nobody elses.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I use the S-AFC in my car... Does the job very well... £220 delivered from Japan isn't a bad price either... :wink:

Rishi

skiddusmarkus

Mine ran with no fuel controller or uprated pump for about a year on between 1bar and 1.15bar with no problems.Then it detted and bye bye engine.Get one or both and learn from mine and others mistakes :oops: .

M

Mart

cheers for the advice, if i can find one cheap then i might do it.
I will just stick with water injection.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

water injection! The car is already rusting. Then you will just have rust every where especially as the wreck just sits about broken.

E

Edd

good gearbox said:
water injection! The car is already rusting. Then you will just have rust every where especially as the wreck just sits about broken.
Are you going to post anything constructive or just insults and crap??
Your IP address matches another forum member, so i suggest you use your normal account, or this one will be deleted if all your going to do is post crap.

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
Your IP address matches another forum member, so i suggest you use your normal account, or this one will be deleted if all your going to do is post crap.
good old poirot{?} :lol:
who is it :?:

E

Edd

I wouldn't want to disclose priveleged information :wink: :lol: :lol:

They don't post much though :wink:

A

Anonymous

I am aiming my comments at MART. I know him and am talking about HIS car. Sorry if this upsets other people, but it is nothing to do with them! other than the moderators that is! 8) As for the IP address, there are roughly 600 people in this building with the same IP!