Sainsbury's Super Unleaded

M

Mike202020

Morning,

The cheapest, and most convenient petrol for me is Sainsbury’s Super Unleaded (94.9 p/l), petrol stations near home and work.…… But is it any good in the GTI-R?

I have a Tesco’s near(ish) home (96.9 p/l), but it’s not on the way to work, so would mean making a special trip for petrol.

And a Total Garage near work (100.5 p/l)

I know everyone rates Optimax, but the only place that sells that is the services on the M1 (Daren't guess how much!), so that will have to be an occasional special treat!

So, I want to use Sainsbury’s, but not if it’s rubbish. Any comments? (Apart form me being a skinflint! :? )

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Hi,

Put it this way, I've used it in the 'r for the past 3-4 years and had no problems :-D
Mine runs 1-1.3 bar max & has an SAFC, SITC and a multichecker to monitor it all but that said, i can still do a 0-60 in 4 secs and a standing 1/4 in 12.7 as proven at the J-Tuner Bruntingthorpe day last year 8) and that was on Sainsbury's 97.

If its the easiest to get to, and y'saving money too (my Sainsbury's is 94.9 for 97) then do it! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

M

Mike202020

Phew! Cheers Don.......That's put my mind at rest, I can stop tickling that throttle and use it like your supposed to!:)