scooby 07' sti prodrive

johnsy

bloke at work has just gone and spent 23k on an o7 sti prodrive .
now i pissed all over him big style in his wrx but he's got this smile on his face like he's gonna get revenge or at least bragging rights as he claims its got 360 ponnies.

i thought the prodrive one was 305bhpish , im running 280 at a bar .
will i still be able to give him a run for his money ?
.i think id get him from a launch but dont think id be able to get him to lights , and he,ll probs sail by over a ton

anyone raced one with similar spec to mine or know of its power ???????/
apoligies if iv posted this in the wrong section

johnsy

does that mean dont try until im running 1.2 and a front mount!

do you know the power of the sti prodrive

red reading

nah just having a laugh,serious note now,if you dont beat him get the car on the dyno (with a boost controller installed!)and turn the boost up to 1.2-1.4 bar you should then be about300bhp and kick his a7se,remember he has a heavy car you don't (comparitavly speaking)

WUZ

Guys - I tune Scoobs on a part-time basis and I can tell you that 360 is not right for a PPP 07 car (1.2 BAR MAX) but with an ECUTEK remap running 1.5BARMAX we've got around 360bhp and 380 torq.

Things to remember are:

1 - GTI-R's are about 1230KG and 07 Hawkeyes are about 1440KG so he's LOADS heavier.

2 - 2.5 STI's running over 1.5 BAR can have issues with nipped Pistons due to the tight Bore Clearances so he might be needing a new engine rebuild if that power is true and on OE Cast pistons.

Enjoy the 'R - I just got one for hillclimbing up here this year and I can't wait

Russell

snoon

Yeah, get a front mount, fuel pump, boost controller. 1.2 bar will see over 300 BHP.

Bye bye Mr STI!!!

johnsy

are the running cost more than the wrx ie servicing, wot they like for realiability herd mixed reports,

i know this is not a poobaru forum just he's always taking the piss out of my old banger as he call s it, id like to have peace of mind that its going to bloew up or summit

youngsyp

Just to give you an idea, my cars running 318 bhp and 293 lb's/ft of torque (the important part) according to my last dyno run. When I 'play' with my brother in his 380 bhp Evo 8, it's a dead heat. Even when we had a play with one of these GPS tracked timing devices, our mid range acceleration times were Identical. And that's with my '34' ecu fault code.
The Evo 8 is a bit lighter than the STi 8 plus, my brothers one has the MR wheels and Cusco coilovers plus a lighter aftermarket exhaust system so, will be a bit lighter still. I'd expect it to be around 1385-1390 kg's, with the stock Evo 8 being around 1400 kg's.
My car has very basic mods that amount to pretty much a decent turbo back exhaust (with 3" elbow and downpipe), a decent cold aid intake and 1.1 bar of boost.

Bottom line, you'll be all over his STi or constantly pulling away from it, if you're ahead of him, even with the power output you claim.
Just make sure you're not behind him when you change up to 3rd as, I find that's the gear my set up works the most effectively in.
Just remember, you have far less inertia to overcome and less weight in general to haul around. Take out the spare wheel and jack etc and you'll have even less.

Paul