seat mounts

whytie

I read through many post about people making there own seat mounts which is what i was planning doing myself.

Ive seen these for my cobra monaco seats im i right in thinking that as they are bottom mounted and not side mounted the driving position would not be to high or am i missing something.

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detprod.asp?productcode=NI002&PID=855554http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/mintex-brake-pads.htm

As its for my track R and my missis will prob be driving aswell i would prefer the seats to slide.

Last edited:

whytie

Ive seen those one on ebay from trips post.

How do you think the ride hight would be with the ones i posted cant see it getting to high even with the sliders as they bolt straight into bottom of seats

watoga

Hi Whytie,

For some reason when I click on the link you posted I can't see an image of the mounts? I haven't seen the Cobra ones, but if you like I can take some pics of the NZKW ones and post them up?

Also, are you going to be competing with your track car? It's just some organizations might not like non-permanent seat mounts (even though it will make life much easier for you and your misses).

Cheers,
Dave

watoga

Sorry, when I said "non-permanent", I just meant a sub-frame with sliders, as opposed to a completely fixed seat mount.

Cheers,
Dave

skiddusmarkus

Ive seen those one on ebay from trips post.

How do you think the ride hight would be with the ones i posted cant see it getting to high even with the sliders as they bolt straight into bottom of seats
The problem is the standard seat actually positions your backside in between the sliders.When you have an aftermarket seat its a few cm higher as it cannot physically go between them so has to go above them.

Can't you just get a taller missus? ;P

I can't see the photo in that link but if its non tilt it doesn't sound a very good idea.I'm 6'2" and only weigh 13.5stone and cannot get my skinny ass in and out of cobra seats without them being tilted back.Once they're tilted back I can just fine, even though its still a bit tight.you are meant to tilt them back until the bit at the back of your head is at around 90 degrees to the floor.

Last edited:

whytie

The ones i posted are prob the same as skiddusmarkus posted as they are both cobra. It would be easy if they are fixed as i would just chop the feet of the standard rails and make something up.

Im hoping on doing some time trials competative or not i dont know yet.

skiddusmarkus

I've had a look at using the standard seat subframes and it looks like you can but have to drill 2 rivets out then it should seperate, leaving what you need left without totally butchering the seat.I didn't do it right away as if it went tits up I'd be left with a bodged seat for the MOT plus its not a priority atm.If you do this, just watch your fingers on the spring loaded slider if you want to keep them.

I already have a fixed mount for the drivers seat so thats not really a problem.I do think this is going to be too high though when wearing a helmet so I might have to drill a couple of extra holes in the sidemounts to drop it down a bit more.