Serious Help Needed!!

PulsarTom

Right woke up this morning took the car for a little drive then after she warmed up i put my foot down and all was fine, got to a junction and pulled away and will only go up 2500 revs and black smoke would appear from the exhaust, but its the same in all gears, just 2500 revs!! she sounded really lumpy aswell and tht not all was well!! please help as im broke and this is worrying!! Thanks Tommy:cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Do a fault code check, your car has gone into safe mode. There's a sticky at the top of this section.

Sounds like the MAF maybe.

PulsarTom

cheers guys will check this in a bit!! also i found oil in the engine bay in quite a few places?!! do you reckon that an oil hose has come away of some sort? where abouts can i find this MAF sensor? thanks again guys, brilliant help much appreciated! Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just before the air filter, it has a black plug attached to it, take this off and check all the contacts are clean and that it's not loose. It does sound like a boost hose has come off (i've had this a fair few times) Do you have a front mount? Check all boost hoses thoroughly. Good luck

P

pearl 476.5bhp

PulsarTom said:
Right woke up this morning took the car for a little drive then after she warmed up i put my foot down and all was fine, got to a junction and pulled away and will only go up 2500 revs and black smoke would appear from the exhaust, but its the same in all gears, just 2500 revs!! she sounded really lumpy aswell and tht not all was well!! please help as im broke and this is worrying!! Thanks Tommy:cry:
how come everyone with a problem with a gtir is broke,buy a 1.1 1990 fiesta:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PulsarTom

Im actually broke because i own three cars at the age of nineteen, one being the pulsar, one is an mi16 pug 309 and the third being a toyota mr2 t-bar, doesnt tht say tht im not shy of spending money! so being broke is common but will get cash to sort car out, and NO i would not drive a dagenham dustbin! Thanks just to clear tht up