setting up R?

S

swawuk

Hi,
I recently bought an R which had been taken off the road 5 years ago after someone gave the engine alone a £7500 present. The engine was just put back in the bay but nothing connected. My mate bought it and started the process of finding out where everything goes. I then bought it off him and have just finished plumbing things back in. I think!

The engine starts on the button and idels well, with a nice pop now and again through the straight through exhaust system.

I drove it down the road and back but it seems its not running right, spluttering, delayed boosting slightly, and generally a bit lumpy.

I want to take it somewhere to be set up correctly, any ideas where I should take it????

I'm from sittingbourne, Kent. Don't mind travelling a bit....

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

paz

If you've not already done it matey, give it a good service - new oil, change the plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor head. If its just been sitting unused for years it'll need it.

Paz

S

swawuk

Done the oil and plugs. Might try the others cheers.

I'll try giving it a longer run aswell, only went half a mile.

Would still like it set up on a rolling road.....See how many horses it kicks out.

gtirx2

Have you set the timeing up since you put the engine back in that can make it feel rough sometimes also fuel filter and what paz said leads,dizzy cap and all that and stick some shell v-power in it with some injector cleaner and see if that helps it.

S

swawuk

Ok cheers for the ideas, got things to try now. Yeah its a standard turbo, got the actuator plumbed into the boost solenoid valve so it should be standard boost. haven't checked the timing yet.

So would any rolling road place be able to help and check the fueling?

Cheers

Steve

oldaneal

would hope they could help they wouldnt be doing much if they didnt, has the car been drained of fuel and new put in as it would have seriously degraded in that time

S

swawuk

there was fuel in it but not alot. when it was all plugged back in it started on that fuel. It ran out so i put new stuff in. only 95 octane though.