Sheepdog BOV

Hi,

Been searching around for a sound file on the net, but just cant seem to find one. Are they totally different sound to any other atmos bov?

If so how come you cant seem to buy one anywhere?

I really want that rally car sound you get from the WRC's such as the Focus and Impreza, even the old cosworths used to have that really loud wastegate chatter sound.

Im led to believe you can get this with a Sheepdog BOV, is this right?

If i was to put an aftermarket actuator, would this make any difference?

This has bugged me for years but never been able to achieve the sound, just dont want the normal dumpvalve sound.

Gaz

abyss

i have a sheepdog bov it is a totally different sound from others not so on high boost 1.1bar but lower boost it sounds like a very very faint wastegate. Its confusing as it doesn't sound like a normall bov and people wonder whats under the bonnet.

rayman75

can confirm with the above, on low boost it does chatter, but sounds like a normal one on high.

O

Odin

WRC cars don't use a bov I believe, So how could you get you're car to sound like one ?.

Rob

antgtir

Thunder God said:
WRC cars don't use a bov I believe, So how could you get you're car to sound like one ?.

Rob
Bigger and better stage turbo, higher boost rating, coupled with a free flowing filter will give you the sound you desire, no BOV used on the WRC cars as far as im aware to.

Ant.

Yeah your right, WRC's dont use a bov but have a great sound, think its the external wastegate. Damn it might just buy a WRC, got a few quid lying round :)

jsbuds

i thought the chatter was caused by the bov releasing excess pressure then closing and with the turbo still spooling down the pressure rebuilds and the bov let off again and so on . when i had my pulsar it only had a aftermarket air filter full stainless system and a blow off valve running standard boost and she use to chatter like a good'un.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
WRC Cars do not use a BOV.. That chatter you hear is the forced air back down the inlet and coliding with the turbo blades...

Rishi