shell/body/car ?

D

Danni

I recently bougth a R for restoring and have now decided that I want to reshell it. The problem it that I live in Iceland and there are only two R in the country so I'll have to import. The thing is I don't know what to import. What I really need is a good shell with no rust but I was wondering if it would be better for me to import a rolling shell with doors, bonnet and such or even importing a whole car and parting it. As for importing a rolling shell I'm guessing it wouldn't be much more expensive (?) and would be somewhat easier to transport, also I migth be able to sell the bonnet, spoiler and maybe other parts to GTi-wannabeR guys. Then there's the option of buying a whole car which again would be even easier to transport and I migth be able to sell the engine aswell. Importing a car and keeping it is not an option since my R is LHD.
What are your thoughts on this? How much can I expect to pay for the different options?

D

Danni

5 days, 48 views and not one reply, guess I should have found a more attractive title.

GINGA

Its a difficult question to answer really, think your best bet would be to import a complete lhd one from the warmer parts of europe, if you can find one that is.
Whats wrong with the shell you have now?

A

AJ4

the easiest option is probably importing a complete car and then breaking it and selling the parts you dont need.