Side impact bars

marcymarc

Just wondering , are the side impact protection beams that are in the late gtirs just in the doors???

Im actually thinking this is the wrong section for this now...sorry :oops:

youngsyp

What model are these reported to be in ?

Mine's an April 1994 and from memory, it doesn't have them ?!

Paul

marcymarc

youngsyp said:
What model are these reported to be in ?

Mine's an April 1994 and from memory, it doesn't have them ?!

Paul

All of the phase 2 cars ie black and white ones, but according to the oz website there was actually 4 phases of production.

youngsyp

Yep, mines 'body number': 151263. It doesn't have ABS or the clutch pedal support bracket. I'm also positive it doesn't have side impact bars.

Paul

marcymarc

youngsyp said:
Yep, mines 'body number': 151263. It doesn't have ABS or the clutch pedal support bracket. I'm also positive it doesn't have side impact bars.

Paul

Strange, surley your car should have all the things you havent got? :lol:

youngsyp

marcymarc said:
Strange, surley your car should have all the things you havent got? :lol:
That's what I thought too.

To be honest, I'm a little sad and left out that it doesnt. :lol:

Paul

marcymarc

youngsyp said:
That's what I thought too.

To be honest, I'm a little sad and left out that it doesnt. :lol:

Paul

I think pulsar boby needs to do a bit of a weigh up, a 91-92 door and a 93-94 door and see if theres a difference

pretty sure ive read a thread on here before about the later doors weighing more :confused:, might try and find that!!

youngsyp

marcymarc said:
I think pulsar boby needs to do a bit of a weigh up, a 91-92 door and a 93-94 door and see if theres a difference

pretty sure ive read a thread on here before about the later doors weighing more :confused:, might try and find that!!
I think the early doors only weigh less because of all the rust ! :lol:

Oh no sorry, that'll be the rear wings.....

Paul

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The doors without the impact bars do weigh less, but I can't remember how much exactly. It's about 3-5kg.

saddler

youngsyp said:

Paul
i also dont have the above.. on my 1994 L

saddler

:cry: i want the above.. lol are you going for the ivory one on ebay ??
marcymarc said:
My 1994L has all the above , was wondering about the doors as i might save them for my Ivory One.

marcymarc

saddler said:
:cry: i want the above.. lol are you going for the ivory one on ebay ??

I fancy it big time, its just what im after, colour,wheels lightly modded...looks like a real good base car for future plans but that 2 week ownership bit is fooking my head up :(

Still, a cheeky bid or 3 might be on the cards, already had a little flutter anyway :lol:

antgtir

I have ABS but didnt have the clutch support bracket, until of course i got mr pudney special :lol:

So we can all feel left out together now.

Oh and mine is an 1994 M plate.

Ant.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Mines a 94 M, have a clutch support bracket (don't know if it from new). Stupid question time, how do I know if I have ABS, is it if I get the ABS light before starting the car?

marcymarc

kenan said:
Mines a 94 M, have a clutch support bracket (don't know if it from new). Stupid question time, how do I know if I have ABS, is it if I get the ABS light before starting the car?
All gtirs have abs except the rb models (think a few of those have it to)

Your car should have an abs light rather than one that says antilock (early cars)

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I expect it has, just have been so busy geting it ready for the road haven't driven/noticed :(

I'm tempted to take the door cards off now to look for the side impact bars

kenan

South West Regional Rep
just been out "testing" my new brakes and can feel the abs kicking in. I'm told you can take the fuse out, must search for that thread