Silenced decat

recaro18

I live in an area where the old people will tend to complain if i cant get my exhaust a bit quieter, its a mongoose with 5" tail pipe, i want to keep the tail pipe, but need something like a silenced decat, the cars just to loud for my neigbours lol,

is there anything available or has anyone got one?

Regards
Richard

Ricky_GTi-R

Ever thought about an exhaust silencing valve? Its a little flap that sits in your exhaust and is controlled inside the car, just pull the little lever when entering your street, and hey presto, quiet Pulsar:cool:

recaro18

that would be tidy for the cops and the neighboors where abouts would i find one of these?
and wouldnt it mean sort of chopping into my goose, and what would the effect be on back pressure?

recaro18

Right that looks smart and as ive got a 3inch decat like most people, i should opt for the 80mm flange type to goes before or after the decat?

is there anyone on here thats purchased one of these and seen the effects of them?

Nice find tho mate thanks

Ricky_GTi-R

recaro18 said:
Right that looks smart and as ive got a 3inch decat like most people, i should opt for the 80mm flange type to goes before or after the decat?

is there anyone on here thats purchased one of these and seen the effects of them?

Nice find tho mate thanks
Ive got 1 on my GTR, the difference in noise level is unreal, cant hear the exhaust:shock:

Put it after the cat mate(I'll check where the GTR one is located)