Sill Axle stands

Nad

Axle Stands

Who knows where I can get some of the axle stands which mount into tubes set in the sideskirts. Not sure if they have a special name or what. Who went off as a rally mechanic recently, may help.

Thanks

Nad

O

Odin

I just carved some blocks of wood to fit my axle stand's and have the slot in them for the sill...

worked very well for 5 month's witn no movement and very stable :wink: .

rob

Nad

Was so tired earlier posted it in the wrong place, was falling asleep at the keyboard :(

Anyway more to the point, I am on about the tubes that are set in to the sill from the side. Like on rally cars, I know what you are on about though. U can get the plastic sill protectors from Nissan.

Nad

MarkTurbo

vpulsar said:
I just carved some blocks of wood to fit my axle stand's and have the slot in them for the sill...

worked very well for 5 month's witn no movement and very stable :wink:
Didn't the front of your car fall onto the floor recently? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nad, it was Lionel that went off and worked at a rally the other day :wink:

geetee

Like BMW 3 series? The jack goes into a tube welded into the sill rather than underneath the sill.

Damn sight easier than grovelling about trying to find the cut out bit when ur car lowered.

Not seen any axle stands for this design though.

Couldn't you get a bit of steel rod the right diameter, cut it so it sticks out 2 or 3 inches and put ur axle stands under those? Probably simpler.

You may need to make sure you have wide legged axle stands though so they don't topple over. or weld an extension leg on...... same theory as those flatbed trucks with a little crane to lift off pallets of bricks n things..... little hydraulic leg that sticks out.

wtf am I on about.... you get the idea :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:
Didn't the front of your car fall onto the floor recently? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes it did but it wasn't the one's I had modded :oops: It was the front's that where just sitting under the front beam I was dropping it off the rear's and back on to it's wheels.... But as I let it down the jack didn't move as it should and pushed the car off the front jacks :shock: , But
there was no damage because there's was no weight as the engine and box where still out :wink: .

rob

Nad

geetee said:
Couldn't you get a bit of steel rod the right diameter, cut it so it sticks out 2 or 3 inches and put ur axle stands under those? Probably simpler.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
This may be what I am going to have to do.

Nad

E

Edd

Nad said:
geetee said:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Nad
Couldn't you just stop pretending you own an R and f*ck off back to the Nova forum :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

sorry i didn't have a useful reply :wink: :oops: :p

Nad

Edd said:
Nad said:
geetee said:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Nad
Couldn't you just stop pretending you own an R and f*ck off back to the Nova forum :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

sorry i didn't have a useful reply :wink: :oops: :p
I never said it was for my car. Can u stop pretending u will ever own a fast R :lol:

Nad