Silly Q but just wondered...

J

justin666

At what fuel level does the "your running out of fuel" light come on.?? In nearly 3 years of ownership i have never seen it light up.!!! Admitidly i do normally fill up with about a 1/4 of a tank left but even on the rare occasion the needle is on "E" i still aint seen that light.!

Ta..

J...

D

damien4uuk

lol my light came on tried too get to the closest filling station which was about 12 miles and didnt make it. I suppose i got about 9-10 miles and i wasnt booting it.

LeeSmith

i've had 15 miles before when my light was on....there wasn't a shell for a long while when the light caome on, but i made it ok.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mine comes on when the needle is level with the empty line, but I don't plan on finding out how many miles that gives me :wink:

B

Brett G

Mine is a bit strange because if i boot it with anything even slightly less than a 1/4 the light comes on faintly then dissapears then it goes on and off nearing empty... I've had loadsa miles with that light on :wink:

Brett

B

Brett G

P.s. It seems to stay on below empty, I haven't quite found out how far I can push it before it runs out yet but I'm sure I've been pushing my luck a bit lately :roll:
It seems to last forever :roll: :shock:

OZ-Racing

When mine comes on I know I have at least 20 miles left in the tank. The needle drops off the scale and past the E :shock:

I don't make a habit of this, but has happened twice now because I insist on only using Optimax and there aren't many Shell stations on some of the routes I take.

I haven't completely run out of fuel yet though :roll:

J

jaygtir

its a waste of time, too damn inaccurate. anything from accelerating to braking or ascending a hill to picking your nose can make it fluctuate when its that low.
just try not to let it get that low (i know its easier said than done :oops: )

ki_saj_ng

iv never seen my light ever, iv ran it VERY low once and thought it would give up but no it was good.

dont think my light works coming to think of it :cry:

B

Bumpkin

BEWARE! :shock: the light is designed to read the level with a standard fuel pump fitted. With a Walbro fitted the fuel pickup doesn't seem to go to the bottom of the tank and therefore, as I found out to my detrement, you don't use all the fuel in the tank. I have to fill up as soon as the light comes on or go fast round a few right handers when it starts to chug.

warringtonjack

Same prob with mine, got a short fuel feeder pipe, so when my light comes on (when needle is spot on the E line), i try and get to the nearest shell garage utilising right turns only, cos a sharp left equals chugging to a halt!! :shock: :lol:

antgtir

warringtonjack said:
Same prob with mine, got a short fuel feeder pipe, so when my light comes on (when needle is spot on the E line), i try and get to the nearest shell garage utilising right turns only, cos a sharp left equals chugging to a halt!! :shock: :lol:
I had this exact same prob with my first R, damn thing used to get me when i was trying to move lets say swiftly lol :roll: :lol: