Size in inches of Pulsar Number Plate

maz

as far as im aware, as long as the lettering is of legal size, then plate can be any size as the last time i was stopped by the police, they measured the letters with the tape and were happy with it!

i just went to my local plate maker and told him what i wanted and he made it as i was standing there, tellin him to make it smaller and smaller, dunno the sizes tho mate :(

this is mine.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/maz0o0/left.jpg

paz

maz said:
as far as im aware, as long as the lettering is of legal size, then plate can be any size as the last time i was stopped by the police, they measured the letters with the tape and were happy with it!

i just went to my local plate maker and told him what i wanted and he made it as i was standing there, tellin him to make it smaller and smaller, dunno the sizes tho mate :(

this is mine.

Correct ;)

Plates can look pretty much however you want as long as the lettering is of legal size and font.

Paz

Hill_Billy

paz said:
maz said:

this is mine.

Correct ;)

Plates can look pretty much however you want as long as the lettering is of legal size and font.

Paz
BUT BUT import car can use a different size of lettering of the car is unable to accomdate a UK standard size Number plate. :):):)

and that size is the same as the pic of mine.

c20ona

The police can still be anal about this though and if you p1ss them off for any reason, they can do you for not having a british kite mark on the plate (making it illegal). I've been ok so far though. Mines the same size (ooo-err) as Hill Billy's. :)

Kenny

Hill_Billy

Display of Vehicle Registration Marks on Imported Vehicles
(which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate)

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:
The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval

AND

The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates

Specifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles)

Character Height

64mm

Character Width

44mm

Character Stroke

10mm

Space between characters

10mm

marcymarc

Hill_Billy said:
c20ona said:
Mines the same size (ooo-err) as Hill Billy's. :)

Kenny
then you must get all the ladies aswell 8)

Three informative posts in one thread Hill Billy :wink: but you had to go and let your self down at the last minute :roll: :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Hill_Billy said:
Display of Vehicle Registration Marks on Imported Vehicles
(which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate)

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:
The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval

AND

The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates

Specifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles)

Character Height

64mm

Character Width

44mm

Character Stroke

10mm

Space between characters

10mm
Thats how mine is as well

The plate is 315mm long and 75mm deep, a white reflective background with black characters, all mounted to the back of a 4mm peice of clear perspex.

Been stopped several times and questioned about it but I have printed out a copy of the dvla webpage above and keep it in the boot with my original plate just in case, the DVLA literature seems to do the trick.

Hill_Billy

marcymarc said:
Hill_Billy said:
c20ona said:
Mines the same size (ooo-err) as Hill Billy's. :)

Kenny
then you must get all the ladies aswell 8)

Three informative posts in one thread Hill Billy :wink: but you had to go and let your self down at the last minute :roll: :lol:
yeah i saw that with the first two posts... then i did what was needed from em to keep my rep up :p

paz

Hill_Billy said:
paz said:
maz said:

this is mine.

Correct ;)

Paz
BUT BUT import car can use a different size of lettering of the car is unable to accomdate a UK standard size Number plate. :):):)

and that size is the same as the pic of mine.
Like C20 said pal, the police can be anal about it and give you a fine anyway. Unless you want to go to court and dispute it, then you're shafted ;)

If you're going to have a smaller plate, I'd suggest taking a copy of the legislation round with you, as you'd be suprised how many police don't know it :roll: :lol: I think its the 1997 amendment or something like that.

Last time I got pulled, I spent half an hour discussing it with two police as they thumbed through their various road law manuals :roll: The most anoying thing was the number of chav-chariots driving past at the time, I had to laugh at one stage as some RS Turbo (or fake RST anyway :lol:) went driving past with some bastard HUGE italic letters :lol:

Paz