skyline gtst brakes on a gtir

A

Anonymous

Has this been done? is it viable? how does one got about it....

I have a set of gtst brakes available and want to see if they could be put on the pulsar :D

S

Sirnixalot

i think you will have to get new caliper brackets made up and the disks redrilled but thats the worst it will be.

GO FOR IT! :D

A

Anonymous

Yeah, guess i would have to get stnd skyline disks re drilled so they are 4 stud but is this dangerious at all? and reckon id need new master cyl?

If i do it im going to try get away with out getting a cert lol, ll just claim they are factory...they got nissan written on them ehhe

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ah, the old " I had it on the shelf, so I'm gonna use it" scenario.
Why not just sell them and use the money to buy a set designed for the Gtir. When these wear out, you have the exspense of drilling more discs, unless a gtir disc would fit. (I haven't a clue how the offsets compare on the discs between the 2 cars)

A

Anonymous

Find me a kit that would cost under $500NZD and im there heh i dont feel like paying over a grand

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
How many $NZD to the £? :oops:
Cheapest option would be uprated apads and discs next would be a braket to move the OE caliper out abit and a bigger disc.

A

Anonymous

good point maybe just as cheap to get some mint pads and some cross drilled rotors i guess....skyline ones just look mint 2 eheh

nz $500 = gbp $174

I looked into these skyline brakes a while back, all up it was going to cost close to 1000 nz so i figured it wasnt worth it. I had to buy the calipers and it was going to be done professionally.

I could probably do it myself now if i had the inclination but i lost intrest in it. I have access to a machine shop.

I had my eye one the fastbrakes kit for b13 se-r's from the states but the price of that went up so that stuffed that.

Ended up buying carbotech panther pads from the US these are meant to be the shizzle for track use, but i havent installed them yet. :?