Slimline fan Q and general fan question

Youngtom

What fans do people use? I have just got myself an ASI rad, and think it's time to upgrade & replace the standard items

Also on mine (currently standard setup) I have noticed only one of the two fans kicks in, does the second fan kick in at a certain temp? Or is it just broken :O

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Mine both kick-in, but not until it's quite hot (I've hardly ever seen them come on); I'd suggest you've got a fault it only one of them starts.

skiddusmarkus

I have a massive Koyo rad and both standard fans still clear the turbo(gt3071) and manifold.Both work fine, saw no reason to change them.

johnny gtir

i just used a 10" slimline fan and mounted it with a kit you just push the ties through the gap in fins what manifold you using skidd my small garret 2860 did not fit i am using a dp motorsport manifold which i know moves turbo forward ?

warringtonjack

I couldnt fit normal fans between my massive alloy rad and the turbo, so i just use one slimline fan to one side of the rad. Works fine and temps stay low. Not sure whether thats due more to the rad than the fan mind you.