Smallest wheels I can get over 310mm discs?

jameswrx2

What's the smallest wheels I can get on my gti-r with Wilwood 310mm discs and (some pretty large looking) wilwood 4 pot calipers?

Currently I have 17's on there but would really like some Jap 16" wheels (enkei's or similar)

Must admit the calipers don't look too 'small wheel' friendly.

Also, if anyone has some jap wheels that I might be interested in, please drop me a PM.

Keira

16's will definately fit, and i have been told the right 15's with lots of clearence will just about squeeze on

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be surprised if the 15s would go on, at least not without a big spacer to move the wheels out alot.

Odin, what clearance did you have with your 304APs on the 15s?

Why do you want the smallest wheels? You can get lightweight 16s and small diammeter tyres. (like I have) and not worry too much about clearance.

jameswrx2

Why do you want the smallest wheels? You can get lightweight 16s and small diammeter tyres. (like I have) and not worry too much about clearance.
Should have phrased it better I suppose.. I ideally wanted smaller than 17" wheels but wondered whether they'd fit over my brakes (as they look pretty big behind 17's)

I think a JDM 16" wheel looks a good size on a GTi-R with the right ride height.

MarkTurbo

Trip said:
Are those the Midilite 310 Wilwood kit or a custom made wilwood 310 kit ?
Pretty sure its the midilites, but as its not my car i cant say 100%. If you want next time i see him i'll ask him which kit it is ;-)

Trip

Great:thumbsup:

Also ask what offset are the wheels please. IIRC slipstream's in 15" with 4x100PCD are only made in 40 and 28 offset.