Smoke coming from rocker cover

A

Anonymous

Howzit

I have an R and over the last month, when sitting at the lights, smoke starts to come out from under the bonnet. It looks like it is coming from breather in cam cover. Car doesnt feel any slower. Can anyone help me? I have a funny feeling that I have rooted a piston land or two.

You can also hear the motor miss when you start the car. Looks and sounds ominous, but thought I would put the problem to the experts, thanks guys. Has anyone got a pictorial guide to pulling motor and gearbox out? If I have rooted the pistons, what sort of work is involved in fitting forgies? here is a biggy, is there any reason why the car will run on less than factory boost? I noticed the stock boost gauge only goes to the fourth mark, he said thats about 6 psi, is this right?

thanks you fullas

J

jiw

dont think the stock gauges are very reliable, i have a hks gauge for sale if intrested! :lol:

zia

the breather pipe should go back to turbo inlet unless modded to atmos? normally you,d get little blowby, but if it is excessive the rings can be at fault, use good comp guage to check if piston have good compression, also check for blocked breathers and oil seperator for blockage.check oil level also as this can cause similar problems.

zia

A

andy n

it sounds like you might be running in safe mode. do what fastguy says.

J

jasegould

Sure its not fluid buring off zorst, oil leak or perished coolant hose?

A

Anonymous

thanks guys

I will perform a code check and a comp test, hoping for the best but I think there is too much blow by.

Will be in touch