smoking pulsar,Please help

L

Leighton

Please help,my car is smoking very bad,thought it was the turbo,until I bought a brand new one.I took the the breather pipe off, which goes from the right of the rocker cover off and stuck it into a bottle.There is lots of oil going in.This is filling my turbo intake pipe up, and making my car smoke very bad.any ideas.Going to do a compresion test tomorrow.I v checked my oil separater and other breathers but all seem fine,any help would be much appreciated,thanks Leighton

J

jiw

theirs a breather to the rear left of the rocker cover which gives you a little oil injection, have you tried this yet, if its dumping fluid into the bottle that sounds like the crankcase is being pressurised, a comp test should tell you if its the ring's though, good luck, jeff :wink:

L

Leighton

Hi,I did try the breather on the left.I blew down it.Seemed o.k.not blocked any way?I mgoing to do a comp test and see what there like!Thanks

J

jiw

blank that breather system off and put a filter on the cam cover, that pipe that goes round the inlet manifold breathes into each inlet port individually, also looks a lot tidier when all that messy pipework is binned.

geetee

There has to be a reason why there is so much oil coming out of that breather. Crankcase pressure shouldn't pressurise the breather from the rocker cover.

Quite often you get enough oil through it to coat your intercooler and piping but not enough to make a lot of smoke.

Maybe a badly seating or bent valve so compression is escaping up to the rocker cover.

If when you have the breather pipe in your plastic 'catch tank' it doesn;t smoke and it runs fine - probably best to ignore it until something more serious goes bang and you have to strip the motor down.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

L

Leighton

that sounds pretty good.Done a compression test and found no. one piston,was low on compression.Not sure what to do next.Its only done 36000miles and its smoking,not very good.

L

Leighton

two, three,and four were,about 150psi and no. one was about 50psi.

A

ard1ey

Try putting a bit of oil down the spark plug hole on No. 1 and see if the compression reading goes up. If it does you've got a knackered piston, if it stays the same either a valves not seating, head gaskets gone or you've got a really knackered piston. Either way, its coming apart :(

L

Leighton

Thanks for cheering me up.Does any one know where I can get a complete modded engine from,dont really want to repair it.Might be going to rc developments for some pistons,and cams etc.

A

ard1ey

Sorry dude, its not much fun giving out bad news. You could try the various tuners, only fully built modded engines I've seen are from Tomei or Norris Designs.