soon to be 400bhp + lightweight

D

daveb

needing some good advive . i just got a norrisdesigh engine and want to put it to good use . i have got all usual mods eg decat ,induction plugs blitz dsbc , apexi safc ect . any way i want 400 bhp +with new engine . i have got stage 6 turbo , 700cc injectors , walbro fuel pump ,z32 maf blitz dsbc, std ecu but got apexi safc. do i need anthing else to get my 400+ ? is my safc up to the job of running the z32 maf ??? is the safc ok for the 400 bhp or do i need to use something better ???? will i need anything ese ??? lastly who do you recomend to put this alltogether and tune er up to 400+ bhp ??? . to add to this ive gone lightweight . copletly stripped inside . dash an all . no elec window motors . even thinned out the wiring looms properly . so she should go well on the track :D

D

daveb

dont know what weight is now but i want to get it down to 1150 kg . thats loosing 200 kgs . +bugger i was hoping to use the safc . more money . :( but it will be worth it :D

JIMMYBACK

daveb said:
dont know what weight is now but i want to get it down to 1150 kg . thats loosing 200 kgs . +bugger i was hoping to use the safc . more money . :( but it will be worth it :D
the car only weighs just over 1200 anyway so 1150 is a easy enough goal ditch the air con is a good start :D ...........get the emanage that will be good enough for 450bhp :D

D

daveb

i must have got the weight wrong . i thaught it was 1350 kg . i am going to loose easy 200kg . its now got NO air con noi abs no elec windows or motors . no back screen wiper motor . no interior at all . 1 lightweight seat no dash no heater no radio no nothing . lightweight side exit exhaust . no mirror motors . getting lightweight wheels ect ect lol :D also no wiring loom except for engine and ecu , no abs ecu . anything thats not needed to be barley road legal and it been took out

D

daveb

i will post pics as soon as i find out how the bl**dy hell ya do it lol :oops:

SunOnGTiR

daveb said:
needing some good advive . i just got a norrisdesigh engine and want to put it to good use . i have got all usual mods eg decat ,induction plugs blitz dsbc , apexi safc ect . any way i want 400 bhp +with new engine . i have got stage 6 turbo , 700cc injectors , walbro fuel pump ,z32 maf blitz dsbc, std ecu but got apexi safc. do i need anthing else to get my 400+ ? is my safc up to the job of running the z32 maf ??? is the safc ok for the 400 bhp or do i need to use something better ???? will i need anything ese ??? lastly who do you recomend to put this alltogether and tune er up to 400+ bhp ??? . to add to this ive gone lightweight . copletly stripped inside . dash an all . no elec window motors . even thinned out the wiring looms properly . so she should go well on the track :D
Hello Dave :wink:
I think you should put a proper roll cage in the monsteR.(safety ontrack)
The seats are great 8)

Dooie Pop Pop

Dave you' ve got almost exactly the same spec as me 8) just sell the apexi and buy an emanage with the map sensor and ditch the maf completely :D cheap as chips mate and easily fitted/setup.

you can just use the z32 with the emanage to get the figures but it' d be better set up with the map sensor :wink:

have a read of this thread from the general section, http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=36810

hope that helps, Stu

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Make sure you get it weighed for us at some point, so we can see how much major stipping brings the weight down. :wink: