spare wheel size??

saddler

so what are other members doing about this problem ?? :? would a R33 or R34 GTR spare wheel do the job ??

warringtonjack

Its an MOT failure not to have a spare I think. Even if you have got the squirty puncture repair stuff. So I'm guessing that having a spare that wont actually fit onto the car would be a failure as well. :noidea:

John

saddler said:
so what are other members doing about this problem ?? :? would a R33 or R34 GTR spare wheel do the job ??
GTR's are 5 stud iirc so no they wouldnt do the job as the Pulsar is 4 stud.

John

warringtonjack said:
Its an MOT failure not to have a spare I think. Even if you have got the squirty puncture repair stuff. So I'm guessing that having a spare that wont actually fit onto the car would be a failure as well. :noidea:
My Pulsar passed no problem without having a spare so it cant be a fail?

Braveheart

I have two sets of 15" wheels and keep a spare 15" in the boot.
You can buy wheel hitch kits to mount a larger spare firmly down.

bopper

warringtonjack said:

No its not alot of newer cars dont have spares as standard they have tyre weld

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I haven't had a spare wheel for years and never failed a MOT. I'v got a RAC card instead

P

pulsarboby

law is regarding spare!
its not an mot failiure to not have one!
but if you do have a spare then it must meet the ministry minimum tread limit and be in roadworty condition.
but there is not many garages / mot stations that will actually check that tbh

gunmetalgtir

warringtonjack said:
No it's not!

Neither of my cars have a spare wheel and they both pass MOT's every year!

I just carry about an AA card, that does the trick! :lol:

you dont need to worry unless all your tires blow out:lol:

if you get a puncture on the rear ur okay. if its front, swap the rear tire to the front and use ya space saver.

use ya noddle:p

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Talking of space savers, there is some nobber round my way who has been running on theirs for a good month now and I'v seen them on the mortorway at 70+ :doh:

GTi-R23

Yeah Bob's right (Just for a change!) has to be legal if there is one, but you don't have to have one. I just carry a tin of tyre weld round with me in the R.

lilmark

Its only an MOT failure if you can see the spare wheel cage under the car but the space saver is in the boot (taking up space) so it will pass, by law an mot inspector cannot remove bodykits or open the boot so a can of the puncture repair stuff is ok an some mercs an bmw's dont have a spare only the spray, but if you use the puncture repair stuff it knackers the tyre an nobody will fix it for you hence buying a new tyre

So keep the spare unless you know someone who can get you cheap tyres